Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

The sun did come up...

• replayloungehawk
  • replayloungehawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 2 months ago #16162 by replayloungehawk
Man what a loss. I was so disappointed. I'm sure the team was far more disappointed than I was. Do they have some things to figure out? Yes, of course. I just think we should all take a step back and actually realize that while this was a terrible loss we are also still on top of the standings. Sure we can't give up home games and we should have and could have won this. I just think we need to take a deep breath and realize that we are still in a good place. We do have to play at Tech but we have the other tough teams at home. We have swept KState. I'm guessing they will be really focused for Tuesday's game and should beat OSU when they play next to exact revenge. I see one or two more losses but I do see key victories on the way to #14.

I'm just happy to be a fan of KU and am still proud of what this team has accomplished even with all the off the court distractions.

It's always great to be a Jayhawk!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk, newtonhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #16166 by hairyhawk
When you think about us fans fretting that the team we root for might not win the league for the 14th straight time you realize how good we have it. Hopefully we can recover from this loss and win out but either way this team has been better than I expected without Preston. The hawks have really won a lot of close games.
Last Edit: 6 years 2 months ago by hairyhawk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk, replayloungehawk

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
6 years 2 months ago #16173 by HawkErrant
... but it is snowing today in Lawrence.

Omen?

Only time will tell... assuming one believes in such superstitious folderol.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk, replayloungehawk

More
6 years 2 months ago #16177 by Hawknmo
Yes it did. And yes we are lucky to be fans of such a great program. But what makes programs great is not beating everyone by 30, its when you’re short handed or your best player is hurt you still find a way to win. That’s what we’ve come to expect from our Hawks and I believe this team will be the same. There is a good chance they can still keep the streak alive. But how awesome would it be if they didn’t and won 6 games in March and April instead? That would be “great”, I think.

The story of this Big 12 season could come down to the 7 days that include WVU, OU and at TTU. What a week that could be. Right now, just getting to that week unscathed is the challenge. Please return to your seats and keep your seat belts fastened.

RKCKJHK!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk, replayloungehawk, newtonhawk

More
6 years 2 months ago #16181 by JRhawk
Am sure it did here too, although no actual sighting - light snow all morning in Rockies front range.
While I'm usually all about the Big Dance, having gotten this far, surely want #14 - don't want to be tied with UCLA.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, gorillahawk, replayloungehawk, newtonhawk