Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Win out, take the crown

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
6 years 2 months ago #16160 by HawkErrant
Don’t depend on any help from anyone, just don’t lose again for the next 8 games.

I know, highly unlikely, but it seems anything — good or bad — is possible with this team.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: replayloungehawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
6 years 2 months ago #16168 by Riverhawk
Would like to lean toward the good, but with a team that can't/won't/is too tired to play good defense and doesn't block out and rebound worth a darn it is hard to be optimistic. Was hoping for Sam and Silvio to help with the depth issue but clearly Self has little to no confidence in either. Garrett and Mitch try hard, but this is basically a five man team now. And with Vick seemingly in a prolonged funk, it's even more thin than that. Win out? I would be thrilled if they somehow get to the 13 wins Self said would win the league!

• HawkErrant
More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #16171 by HawkErrant

Riverhawk wrote: Would like to lean toward the good, but with a team that can't/won't/is too tired to play good defense and doesn't block out and rebound worth a darn it is hard to be optimistic. Was hoping for Sam and Silvio to help with the depth issue but clearly Self has little to no confidence in either. Garrett and Mitch try hard, but this is basically a five man team now. And with Vick seemingly in a prolonged funk, it's even more thin than that. Win out? I would be thrilled if they somehow get to the 13 wins Self said would win the league!

You make the very basic argument for starting Marcus or Mitch over Vick — they try hard. For whatever reason, Vick has not, and it is his lack of effort that has hurt KU more than Dok’s free throws or [usual scorer’s name] bad shooting game.

Vick needs to sit, and if he does not show effort when he is subbed in, Self needs to quickly sit him again.

A player can have all the athleticism and skill in the world, but it will be to no avail unless the effort is made to play hard in every facet of the game.

#SitVick

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
Last Edit: 6 years 2 months ago by HawkErrant.

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 2 months ago #16184 by Wheatstate Gal
I’d just like to sit them all down (so I can reach them, and I’m tall for a woman)......and do one of those “Three Stooges slaps.”

Start at the right end of the line (I’m right handed) and trot along and $!+@# slap them!

Smh...this losing at home must stop!

• HawkErrant
More
6 years 2 months ago #16186 by HawkErrant
LOL!

More
6 years 2 months ago #16187 by Bayhawk
Tooooooo funny WSG! :P

RC

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet

More
6 years 2 months ago #16188 by CorpusJayhawk
"Yeh,...wise guy ay"

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, Bayhawk