Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Big 12 Race - Why I am feeling pretty good

• CorpusJayhawk
  • CorpusJayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 3 months ago #16087 by CorpusJayhawk
Firstly, we lead by a game at the halfway mark. That is always a positive thing.

Secondly the probability os breaking pretty strongly in our favor. We now have a 47% probability of winning the Big 12 outright and a 68% probability of winning at least a share of the title. This is a new season same song. It is almost laughable how KU seems to emerge at some point during the season. We have 9 games to go and there are no guarantees but things are looking quite optimistic. Next, look at the next graph. KU had the toughest schedule in the first 9 games. We have played 55% of the toughness of our schedule. Compare that to Texas Tech. They have played only 47% of the toughness of their schedule. KU had by far the toughest front end loading of their schedule. That means we have an easier schedule than everyone else and we are already 1 game ahead.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: hairyhawk, big g, Socalhawk, porthawk, newtonhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
6 years 3 months ago #16090 by big g
Thx as always corpus. The numbers seem to confirm the eyetest. West va just doesnt seem to have the offense to win enough games to be champion espec when their best player because of minutes and energy expenditure disappears in the last qtr of most games. Imagine if devonte had to play full court pressing defense the entire game. Re okla beyond trae they dont have enough and we dominated that entire game on their court but loss for the reasons we know; we will win easily in AFH. Texas tech is the lone threat in my mind but they clearly played their best game vs us in AFH and havent played nearly as well since. I know coach will be ready for them in game 2 and am sure they will have other losses. As is typical of a well coached team each of our players is now much better than they were in the pre season which gives me confidence that we will not slump in the second half. The only real risk is an injury espec to either graham or doke. Fingers crossed on that one.

More
6 years 3 months ago #16095 by NotOstertag
The win at KSU and the surprise losses by WVU at ISU, OU losing to OSU, and Tech losing at ISU all helped build this momentum.

Now it's ours to lose. Hope everybody stays healthy and out of trouble. Buckle down guys!

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot