Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Gotta love this board...

• replayloungehawk
  • replayloungehawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 3 months ago #16032 by replayloungehawk
I looked at some of the other boards. I've never really done that. I see why now (I feel like I cheated). Seriously, what a bunch of rude posts with crude language. I have to admit sometimes I get irritated with this board because it seems kind of like a "clique" but honestly it's a really good place to come discuss KU basketball with other "TRUE" Jayhawk fans that really love the team, are very knowledgeable and respectful.

I do miss some of the older posters though. In particular Northwest Greybeard (not sure I spelled it right.) and some others don't post as much good stuff as they used to but still this is far and above the best KU forum around.

So Rock Chalk on and thanks...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk, gorillahawk, murphyslaw, jaythawk1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• jaythawk1
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • RCJH! e'77, b'77
More
6 years 3 months ago #16033 by jaythawk1
I believe that is very true!

Before I retired I was a dedicated lurker...tried to post a time or two but never seemed to reach the standard of this board...

I truely appreciate these guys and what they've all contributed and I think it is just grand that its not trashy, rude and crude!

Thank you all!

Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

Education Is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence~Robert Frost
The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk, replayloungehawk

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
6 years 3 months ago #16034 by HawkErrant

replayloungehawk wrote: I looked at some of the other boards. I've never really done that. I see why now (I feel like I cheated). Seriously, what a bunch of rude posts with crude language. I have to admit sometimes I get irritated with this board because it seems kind of like a "clique" but honestly it's a really good place to come discuss KU basketball with other "TRUE" Jayhawk fans that really love the team, are very knowledgeable and respectful.

I do miss some of the older posters though. In particular Northwest Greybeard (not sure I spelled it right.) and some others don't post as much good stuff as they used to but still this is far and above the best KU forum around.

So Rock Chalk on and thanks...

NWG was great, as was Nick Collison’s uncle (a HS coach) and Eyehawk in his analysis of the games. I know other things in their lives eventually took more and more of their attention, and some of the not so kind behavior that was working its way onto this board a few years ago combined with those other factors to make the experience of sharing here less important for them. Truly a shame, as they each made unique contributions that have been truly missed by those who remember them.

Would love to see more here from minerscoach, always enjoy his comments.

One of our posters - porthawk IIRC? - used to annually publish quite the list of our best hoops brains and fun posters, present and emeritus. Always good to see that when it pops up.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk, LadyHawk, gorillahawk, murphyslaw