Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Is it just me....

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Wheatstate Gal's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 3 months ago #15983 by Wheatstate Gal
Or is absolutely everything about K-straight just annoying?

Squeaky?
Octagon of Dumb?
All that purple?

So annoying.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk, replayloungehawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
6 years 3 months ago #15985 by Hawknmo
Well...maybe not the “K” part?

RKCKJHK!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, Wheatstate Gal

More
6 years 3 months ago #15994 by mtnMan
From afar, the view from out here in the mountains, I did not find K-State players or fans to be annoying (but maybe their coach). I think players on both teams respect each other and there are no jerks on the K-State team (unlike, for example, some teams elsewhere that have featured big-time floppers). The fan signs, especially last year after Svi's long dash, were funny and not mean, again, unlike a team across the border we used to play. That purple is an awful color but the field house looks like a nice play to play in front of interested, knowledgeable, animated fans. And we keep winning against them, so no animosity from me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JRhawk

More
6 years 3 months ago #15996 by CorpusJayhawk
Gotta go with my altitude hombre. I even commented to my wife that I really liked this K-State team. And fans are great. I do find Weber annoying. He and Drew (Baylor) keep switching back and forth as my least liked coaches in the conference. But I like this K-State team. No one to hate like Marcus Smart.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: JRhawk, Socalhawk, jaythawk1

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
6 years 3 months ago #15997 by HawkErrant

CorpusJayhawk wrote: Gotta go with my altitude hombre. I even commented to my wife that I really liked this K-State team. And fans are great. I do find Weber annoying. He and Drew (Baylor) keep switching back and forth as my least liked coaches in the conference. But I like this K-State team. No one to hate like Marcus Smart.

They strike me as a group of overachieving scrappers. No jerks. Hard to hate group of kitties who are currently head and shoulders above where practically all the pundits said they would be. Throw in they are playing without their starting PG and you have to give credit where due.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: JRhawk, jaythawk1

• replayloungehawk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 3 months ago #16010 by replayloungehawk
For me it's Webber. He looks like a total doofus with his mouth open all the time wondering what to do or why something just happened. As far as the team goes, they don't annoy me too much. Fans, I can't stand them. They boo'ed last night at every single play whether it made sense or not. They were driving me crazy. Webber is up there for me for coaches I just can't stand along with Calipari (Slimy), Coach K (little barking dog) and Greg Marshall (Just flat out annoying in all aspects).
The following user(s) said Thank You: DocBlues, KMT

More
6 years 3 months ago #16011 by NotOstertag
Annoying things about KSU:

Weber. Clearly he's the top of the annoying food chain. Just seems like a whiner to me.

I don't have a huge issue with the fans. They seem to keep it classy enough, albeit I'd dock them a point or two because they storm the court when they've beaten us. To me, NOT storming the court speaks volumes. Hell, go light some cars on fire in the parking lot after the game if you want to let off some steam, just stay off the court (kidding about the car fire thing).

The OTHER annoying thing, that admittedly happened back on either Huggy's or Martin's watch is when they started referring to it as "the Octagon of Doom". Let's face it, it's a rather uninspired design and has little/no real history attached to it. Seems to me like they're jealous of some other school who has a gym that's a tourist destination even if there's not a game being played. Wonder who that might be?

As for past coaches, I think Huggins gave them a huge shot in the arm, and I did and still do have huge respect for Frank Martin.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

More
6 years 3 months ago #16017 by JRhawk
Agree mtnMan, from my slightly less lofty perch on the front range. I find Weber annoying - don't understand why they extended his contract to 2021.
KU looked good last night - Svi, Graham, Newman, Lightfoot, and even Vick stepped up.

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Wheatstate Gal's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 3 months ago #16024 by Wheatstate Gal
to clarify.....

They didn't do anything necessarily bad last night. I just find the entire EMAW nation/concept annoying......

Like a papercut
Hangnail
gnat
canker sore
nails on a chalkboard (are there still chalkboards?)

OK. done. On to the cowboys.......

Someone above noted....like the Octagon of Doom is somehow supposed to strike fear into opponents like: THE AFH, Cameron Indoor, The Pit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: replayloungehawk

More
6 years 3 months ago #16027 by Kong
Doesn't seem to phase KU players. Does anyone know if they have huge turnouts for other teams. I mean it is always packed for KU, but I haven't watched them play at home against other teams.

Visualize Whirled Peas

More
6 years 3 months ago #16029 by JRhawk
Bramlage official capacity - 12528 (crowd last night). For 5 home Big 12 games, average attendance is 10,330. Game vs GA was 10,314.

More
6 years 3 months ago #16030 by Kong
So they are pretty full and if they are half as rowdy and loud as they are against us, then I bet that is a tough place for most. It never seems to bother us.

I like that the players and the fans were ribbing one another in a much nicer manner than you would find at one of our ex-rivals. Good natured ribbing and taunting is part of what makes college ball fun. Nastiness is not.

Visualize Whirled Peas

• jaythawk1
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • RCJH! e'77, b'77
More
6 years 3 months ago #16035 by jaythawk1
Maybe they didn't show them...but I sure remember the poor dyed red and blue chickens that usually made their appearance at the start of games.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

Education Is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence~Robert Frost
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wheatstate Gal