Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Road wins...

• NotOstertag
  • NotOstertag's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 3 months ago #15966 by NotOstertag
KU is 4-1 on the road. Had we not lost to Tech in AFH, we'd be looking at a likely 13 win conference record, which would normally be enough. That loss hurt us, but when the next best teams have only 2 road wins, those 4 business trips are a big deal. Makes the loss in Norman even that much more significant (we are THIS CLOSE to 5-0). Most significantly, we've won in 2 of the toughest gyms in the league (WVU and KSU) and played very well in Norman.

WVU plays in Ames in this round, so they'll probably get their 3rd road win. Still, to be halfway through and already at 4 road wins is a very good sign. Looking forward to seeing all of the predictions and stat analysis after this round winds up.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: murphyslaw, replayloungehawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.