Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Texas A&M Prediction

• CorpusJayhawk
  • CorpusJayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 3 months ago #15865 by CorpusJayhawk
In the heat of this incredible Big 12 Conference race, this respite of the Big 12/SEC Challenge seems almost like an exhibition game. Of course we want to win but it is almost like a chance to rest the starters and heal a bit is preparation for the rest of the Big 12 season. I’m sure when the game tips off I will be in full bore “crush the Aggies” mode but right now I am still in the “Win the Big 12” mode. The Aggies are an interesting team. Take a look at their performance chart below. The Aggies opened the season with their best game of the season (by far) in a win over West Virginia. They have gone down hill since. They actually made it up to 5th place in my DPPI before plunging. They currently rank 39th. Look at what has happened since they started SEC play. They have significantly under performed in almost every game. Their trend certainly seems to be strongly in the wrong direction.

The Jayhawks also started out like gangbusters, feasting on weak competition. Since the 2 game super skid against Washington and Arizona St., we seem to be on a slightly upward trend. Yet we have under performed in 5 of our last 7 games, albeit by smaller and smaller margins.

My highly accurate and best in the world Power Index, the DPPI, predicts KU will win this game by a score of 76.1 to 68.9 with a probability of 72.3% of winning.

Tipoff is around 3:30 PM. I hope all of you have a great Saturday made better by a resounding Jayhawk victory.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, JRhawk, hairyhawk, Bayhawk, Socalhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.