Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Question about Dok that has NOTHING do to with FTs

• NotOstertag
  • NotOstertag's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 3 months ago #15822 by NotOstertag
Is it just me, or does Dok seem to be movnig his feet on ball screens and getting away with it?

As I was watching last night, we'd regularly have Dok come up and set a ball screen for whichever guard was at the top of the key, and then roll down the lane. Kind of one of our "standard" pick and roll looks that probably happens on at least 1/3 of halfcourt possessions.

I was watching more closely last night, and it seemed that more often than not, Dok is doing some fancy tapdancing with his feet to set the pick. Has anyone else noticed this? Might want to look for it on Saturday. In any case, either the refs didn't see it or weren't calling it.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
6 years 3 months ago #15823 by CorpusJayhawk
Let me make sure I understand what. You are saying. So what you are saying is, Dok can’t shoot free throws, right?

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: NotOstertag

More
6 years 3 months ago #15830 by mtnMan
Yep, I've seen the same thing and have been terrified the refs would see it and give him a cheap foul.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NotOstertag

• NotOstertag
  • NotOstertag's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 3 months ago #15834 by NotOstertag
Glad I'm not hallucinating. Hope Self points it out on tape to him. Had Dok not run into foul trouble in the 1st half last night, the drama at the end might not have been an issue.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

More
6 years 3 months ago #15840 by hairyhawk
I thought the same thing.

More
6 years 3 months ago #15845 by Hawknmo
Uh.....yes. Not only is he dancing with the stars while setting the pick, I think he starts his roll early. Now there was a certain “postal employee” who made millions of dollars doing the exact same thing. But we all know there a vast differences in NBA/NCAA refs and their interpretations of the rules.

RKCKJHK!!!