Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

All alone at the top :

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
6 years 3 months ago #15550 by HawkErrant
Tech loses in Austin 67-58

Thank you, Horns.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk, newtonhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
6 years 3 months ago #15553 by Hawknmo
After ‘11 never thought I would utter these words.....Thanks Shaka.

RKCKJHK!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: JhawkMom

• HawkErrant
More
6 years 3 months ago #15554 by HawkErrant
I couldn’t quite get there.
You’re a better man than I am, Gunga Din!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #15555 by konza63
:blink:

Dang, talk about a perfect week for the Hawks...

Right now there are Kitty and Misery fans cussing out-loud, upper-cutting the air.

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.
Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by konza63.

• HawkErrant
More
6 years 3 months ago #15557 by HawkErrant
Yes, indeed, Konza.

But who are these “Misery” fans you write of?

Never mind. I know them not, nor ken any reason to do so.

More
6 years 3 months ago #15561 by newtonhawk
YES!!! Just what the good Dr. ordered ... Dr. Naismith, that is! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

More
6 years 3 months ago #15565 by JhawkMom
Oh but it is so much fun to feel their pain !!!!!!!

More
6 years 3 months ago #15573 by NotOstertag
Now DON'T BLOW IT!

No unforced errors. That means we need to win the games we SHOULD win. That starts on Saturday with Baylor.

Losing on the road to OU won't kill us if we win in our place. We beat WVU in their place. Winning @ Tech would erase the crime of losing to them in Lawrence.

By winning in Morgantown and getting help resulting in losses to WVU, Tech and OU we have a tremendous opportunity that we absolutely can't afford to squander.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant

More
6 years 3 months ago #15575 by Bayhawk
RC

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
6 years 3 months ago #15577 by konza63
There are a whole lotta games left to be played, and if this season is like most, the drama has only just begun.

I hope I'm wrong, and we embark on a dismemberment of the entire league, but it's so deep and strong this season - with even the middling and lower teams having difficult home venues where we'll be playing in their equivalent of the NC game - that you just can't take anything for granted.

I know we all know that, but I, for one, am bracing for some fits and turns, ebbs and flows, and some curveballs along the way (how's that for mixing metaphors, lol!)... In the end, though, should the basketball gods prove willing, the good lads in the esteemed program of the crimson and blue will emerge with #14 and make history!

Looking forward to the ride ahead.

Rock Chalk...

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, Bayhawk, newtonhawk

More
6 years 3 months ago #15580 by NotOstertag
Coach Self had an interesting way of looking at the records. I believe it was one point for every win and minus one point for every home loss (please correct me if I'm wrong as he might have weighed road losses at more than 1 point).

Nevertheless, if that's correct, than KU is currently tied at 4 points with OU and Tech who have yet to lose at home. So they each have 3 points at home, and we're at a net 1 point (+2 wins, -1 loss).

Obviously we have the opportunity still to win both at OU and Tech and a whole lot more can still happen as well.

Other interesting factoids from that method:
-TCU is at net ZERO (1-2 road and 1-2 home)
-ISU is at -1 (0-3 road, and 1-2 home)
-WVU is alone in 4th place at 3 points thanks to our win there and their road loss to Tech.
-Baylor and OSU's 2-4 record is one point better than TCU's 2-4 record due to an extra home loss.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot