Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Jo Jo White: What It Means To Be A Jayhawk

• gorillahawk
  • gorillahawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 3 months ago #15542 by gorillahawk
Jo Jo White: What It Means To Be A Jayhawk

"Jo Jo White easily qualifies as one of the greatest players to ever suit up and represent the University of Kansas. A three-time All-Big Eight and two-time All-America selection for the Jayhawks, White was a member of the 1968 USA Olympic team and enjoyed an 11-year career in the NBA.

White’s jersey was retired and now hangs in Allen Fieldhouse. In addition, his number 10 jersey has been retired by the Boston Celtics.

During his years as a member of the Jayhawk basketball team under head coach Ted Owens, he scored a combined 1,286 points. He led KU in scoring in 1968, averaging 15.3 points a game. White was a catalyst in KU’s run in the NCAA Tournament in 1966 and 1967. He guided the Jayhawks to the NIT finals in 1968 and 1969. In addition, he served as an assistant coach at KU in 1982-83."

< www2.kusports.com/news/2018/jan/17/jo-jo...it-means-be-jayhawk/ >
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63, HawkErrant, Bayhawk, newtonhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.