Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Plus-Minus for West Virginia -- All Azubuike all the time

• CorpusJayhawk
  • CorpusJayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 3 months ago #15435 by CorpusJayhawk

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63, HawkErrant, Bayhawk, Socalhawk, KMT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
6 years 3 months ago #15443 by porthawk
Another insta-piece (thanks, Konza, for the term :)) from Keegan that goes with the data you provided, Corpus!

www2.kusports.com/news/2018/jan/15/tom-k...-fl/?mens_basketball
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63, HawkErrant

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
6 years 3 months ago #15446 by konza63
It's easy to forget, too, that Doke is merely a freshman. Compared with several other freshman bigs we've had in recent years (counting out Embiid due to the injuries), he's been immeasurably more impressive.

There are times when he plays like a seasoned junior, not a green new freshman.

What a luxury and pleasure it is to have a solid Big yet again at ole KU!

And don't count out DeSousa, who showed flashes on both ends tonite (even while still being quite green and raw and learning a whole new system). He had one fantastic defensive series followed by a beautiful post move and soft bunny that at first made me think it was Doke who made the play. (I had to rewind and watch it again just to clarify)

I'll stay measured, but things are looking up...

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mtnMan

More
6 years 3 months ago #15458 by JRhawk
Definitely agree with the subject line. Kept waiting for you (Konza63) to take tongue out of cheek. The reason we forget that Doke is merely a freshman, is that he is a sophomore. Granted only 13 games last year, but that was a year to learn. He needs to be on the floor for sure.

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #15460 by konza63
JR--I'll chalk that up to being on fumes since it was past 1am and I had no sleep the night before, along with forgetting that we even saw him last year (since he got hurt early and didn't play for basically the entire year).

My bad. And for all intents and purposes, in terms of his experience, he's barely beyond freshman status. He's still very impressive in how far along he is, IMO.

PS: I'm still not awake. :-)

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.
Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by konza63.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, JRhawk