Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Updated Big 12 Probabilities - Still Texas Tech to lose

• CorpusJayhawk
  • CorpusJayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 3 months ago #15368 by CorpusJayhawk
Texas Tech projected to win 14.3 game. KU projected to win 11.4 games. We really really really need a win in Morgantown.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: JRhawk, jayhawk969

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
6 years 1 month ago #17865 by NotOstertag
Not meaning to pick on Corpus, but just using this as an example of where the board's collective head was at in the middle of January. 2 losses in AFH, and one in KC, and (as you can see here) we were projected to lose the conference by a decent margin with only 11 wins. Billy Preston was still hanging around, and DeSousa had arrived physically, but it was clear that he was a "project".

At that point, I know that I, for one, would have been more than happy if somebody said we'd get #14, with the Big 12 Tourney, and make the sweet 16.

Looking forward to tonight, but am also appreciative of what's been accomplished.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, Bayhawk, gorillahawk, jayhawk969, porthawk, KMT

More
6 years 1 month ago #17877 by hairyhawk
Agree completely with the idea that this season was very successful. I would love to see us keep winning but if that were to not happen it was still a good year.

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
6 years 1 month ago #17884 by HawkErrant
After clinching #14 many of us agreed that anything after that would be gravy for this team.

Apparently they really like gravy!

I know we sure do!

Especially LSHawk! B)

Here's to another serving tonight, please!
And a double serving for LS, thanks!

ROCK CHALK!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk

More
6 years 1 month ago #17885 by NotOstertag
This is the danger zone though. Survived the first weekend, and it's SOOOOO hard not to think about beating Duke and getting into the Final Four.

MUST FOCUS ON CLEMSON!!!!

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, Bayhawk

More
6 years 1 month ago #17901 by hairyhawk
We need to beat Clemson. I will worry about the next game if and when it comes. that is where I am at this time. This team can beat anyone but can lose to anyone. Hopefully they will focus on this game and, as Robert Plant might say, "bring it on home."