Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Preston & DeSousa update for Friday 2018-01-12

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
6 years 3 months ago #15291 by HawkErrant
From Matt Tait at KUSports.com: link
When asked Friday morning before practice if there was any news in the status of De Sousa and/or Preston, KU coach Bill Self said simply, "I think it's going to be a great Friday. TGIF. We've been waiting for Friday all week. Check with me at 5 o'clock. Who knows?"

Less than 4 hours to 5PM as I post this.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63, replayloungehawk, newtonhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
6 years 3 months ago #15292 by newtonhawk
Over the past week, I have found myself checking KUSports.com several times per day!! This is really cutting into my productivity! ;) ;)

• HawkErrant
More
6 years 3 months ago #15294 by HawkErrant
BTW, in case you may not have noted it, if not approved today neither will be approved until some date after the Morgantown game on Monday, which is MLK Day.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

More
6 years 3 months ago #15295 by NotOstertag
I, too, have been checking multiple times a day. I don't think Self would have said what he did if he wasn't holding onto some information. Probably has to let the NCAA or KU draft an "official statement" before he can say anything, but it seems clear that he a.) knows, and b.) is pleased with the outcome.

Dare to dream. I'm (verrrry) cautiously optimistic.

Oh, and the NCAA are still on my sh-- list.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
6 years 3 months ago #15298 by konza63
:angry: :angry: :angry:

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.

• HawkErrant
More
6 years 3 months ago #15299 by HawkErrant
It’s 5:48 PM CT and no news is not good news.

:pinch:

• replayloungehawk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 3 months ago #15300 by replayloungehawk
Thought the same thing...as 5 approached and went I thought "same ole same ole." How completely frustrating.

• HawkErrant
More
6 years 3 months ago #15301 by HawkErrant
From Shay Wildeboor on JayhawkSlant @ 6:35PM today:
SUBJECT: Just heard from Coach Self.
TEXT: Received text messages from Coach Self. No news tonight, but hopefully in the morning.

Here's hoping... still... :dry:

• HawkErrant
More
6 years 3 months ago #15302 by HawkErrant
Nothing expected on Billy tomorrow.

• replayloungehawk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 3 months ago #15303 by replayloungehawk
A lot of good it did to be so thorough in Preston's case before turning it over to the NCAA. We are going on a month now.

• HawkErrant
More
6 years 3 months ago #15304 by HawkErrant

replayloungehawk wrote: A lot of good it did to be so thorough in Preston's case before turning it over to the NCAA. We are going on a month now.

Actually just 9 working days for the NCAA.

KU gave them Preston's case the day they started their Christmas break.
They reopened for business on Tues Jan 2.
Today is Fri Jan 12.
4 workdays last week, 5 workdays this week.
And you know the NCAA folks are going to double check some of the things the KU lawyers have presented in their case.

So, much as I have disliked the NCAA ever since 1988/91, I am not ready to say KU's work was wasted.

I will say that I think KU's lawyers should have made every effort to get Preston's case in the week before the NCAA offices closed down for their annual Christmas break. You cannot convince me that KU lawyers were totally in the dark about the upcoming NCAA office closure.

Ever hear of "Failure to plan on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."?
Very common when it comes to organizational interactions, even more so between organizations as compared to within organizations.

Just sayin'...:whistle:

The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk

• HawkErrant
More
6 years 3 months ago #15305 by HawkErrant

The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk