Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Deep State Plot To Stop The Kansas Jayhawks From Winning Their 14th Straight

• gorillahawk
  • gorillahawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #15261 by gorillahawk
Inside The Deep State Plot To Stop The Kansas Jayhawks From Winning Their 14th S
Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by gorillahawk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #15262 by konza63
Is there a link (or commentary) for this bizarre subject line in the post?

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.
Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by konza63.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk

• gorillahawk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 3 months ago #15263 by gorillahawk
having trouble this...sorry....Inside The Deep State Plot To Stop The Kansas Jayhawks From Winning Their 14th S
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63

• gorillahawk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 3 months ago #15264 by gorillahawk

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #15265 by porthawk
I'm assuming this is what you were referencing:

www.smokingmusket.com/2018/1/10/16872432...k-bob-huggins-big-12
Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by porthawk.

• konza63
More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #15267 by konza63
Thanks, Port. Reading it now, but it looks like it's about the same issue i just posted on: Oliver Luck deciding our fate.

I had just discovered Luck in a petition on Facebook by a KU type protesting his oversight of the issue, then I did a little digging. So, pending what the "deep state" (unnecessarily political title) article has to say, we might be talking about the same thing.

--

Here is the petition, fwiw:

www.change.org/p/ncaa-ncaa-clear-2-deserving-players/w

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.
Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by konza63.

• konza63
More
6 years 3 months ago #15268 by konza63
Just finished it. It's a facetious post on a WVU fan blog basically treating with sarcasm the legitimate concern that Oliver could be roadblocking the clearing of our two players, right after Luck just cleared a key WVU player.

I guess it's easy for WVU fans to treat this smugly and facetiously since everything has broken their way on these cases, but if the shoe were on the other foot they'd be screaming bloody murder, IMHO.

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
6 years 3 months ago #15269 by HawkErrant
I’d like to think that this is all rather paranoid and ridiculous.

Hopefully KU learns both are good to go tomorrow (Friday).

But if neither are cleared until after that — i.e., after the Morgantown game this Monday — there will be a lot of people buying into the conspiracy theory.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

• konza63
More
6 years 3 months ago #15270 by konza63
What's special about tomorrow (Friday), HawkE? As far as I can tell, this is all gummed up and cloudy and neither Self nor anyone else has the foggiest notion of when the NCAA will say something--anything--about their status.

I hope if you're just pulling tomorrow out of a hat, your guess proves correct. We need all the horses we can muster for Morgantown; otherwise, I fear that our fate there in recent years will be replicated (bad loss).

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
6 years 3 months ago #15271 by HawkErrant
Nothing special about Friday, it’s just the next day that KU can receive word from the NCAA. But in the context of this thread, clearing the guys before WVU in Morgantown on Monday is just slightly better for the NCAA and Luck’s “optics” than clearing them after that game — assuming they are going to be cleared.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

More
6 years 3 months ago #15306 by LKF_HAWK
Thuggins boys play barbarian basketball and if officials had any guts they would foul out him and his merry men of thugs every game. Morgantown is a pit and WVU fans are a plan miserable lot. Why did the Big X12 pick up WVU, doesn’t add TV sets or value to the conf.