Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

NEWMAN!!

• Hawknmo
  • Hawknmo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 3 months ago #15220 by Hawknmo
So this is the guy we all heard about? And look at our boy Keegan. Right on the spot. Well good on Malik. Did we ever need him tonight! I still saw some “empty” drives. They were strong but ended up with no points and no foul. Just empty. Can’t remember another player like that. Point is, while Im glad he had a great game I’m going to have to see something like that again to believe it. I will be interested to see if he or Garrett starts on Saturday.

I have brought up myself that some deficiencies in KUs game are certainly brought on by the incredible amount of PT the starters are getting, but 38% from the FT line is abysmal. Shades of a 2008 Memphis State team. I know most of it is due to the Doke, but it appears to be a real issue.

Great game by Svi as well. 23 points, 6-9 from 3 and no turnovers. Missed a 3 closeout late in the game, but 36 minutes is still a lot. The break away at the end was great. Hopefully the 3 ball is locked in now and he can help us out by not having to rely just on Devonte’s shooting.

Tough night for DG. The ball would just not go in. But at the end, who made the shots we had to have? DG!!

Hey Vick had a little nasty to him tonight. I like it. Never found the range from 3 but hit everything close, 8 boards and 2 steals. Good game. Still want a Baker-Mayfield plant the flag at half court moment or two from him, but I will take tonights game for sure.

The Doke. FTs. Dude should be living at the gym. 500 a day. Something. It’s a real problem, that sooner or later (hello coach Huggins) will be exploited. He did stay out of foul trouble. But issue number two…two, yes I said two opposing players had 10 rebounds. One of those guys is 6’5”!!!! Our seven foot, 280 lb. monster had 6?? Yeah, uh hey Doke, when you get through shooting your 500 FTs lets get over here and run a few box out drills, for like, oh I don’t know… 2-3 hours. 6 rebounds? What’s TRob or Jeff Graves doing the next few days? I think the young man needs a tutor.

The rest of the crew was OK. I did not get to see all of the first half but apparently Garret was just very OK. My man Sam got his standard issue 2 minutes and missed a three and had a TO. And Mitch was Mitch.

Should this have been easier? Maybe. But even in AFH the bullseye is still there. Add to that two Clones go 10-22 from 3 and two others combined for 20 boards and you see this result. The great thing was for our guys to 100% come through at clutch time. That has to be a huge confidence boost to the whole team. Now lets put the Cats in their respective place and rest up for Big Monday. And oh yeah, by Saturday we will have this Preston/De Sousa dilemma figured out right?

RKCKJHK!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk, murphyslaw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.