Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Much of the same with some shocking pieces added in

More
6 years 3 months ago #15179 by Kong
This team was either etter at stopping the drive or these guards are slightly slower than some we have faced in the past. I did not see them turn the corner as easily on Graham as they have in the past.

Defense overall was good. I liked seeing us jump the passing lanes from time to time. It kept them honest. The brief switch to the zone was nice to see again.

Efficiency still could use a boost, but it wasn't as bad as the past games. Three very soft/weird turnovers by Graham aside. Keep those three possessions with a decent shot and the game is a little more comfortable.

Free throws. We missed a couple we shouldn't have. With the liability at the line that Dok represents, the others have to be that much better. Specially since we are not getting to the line as frequently as we would like.

Some bad judgement on display by Graham that paid off. He is not Frank and does not finish like Frank did. In my opinion, he should be driving looking to dish to the open shooter rather than drive in with little hope for a good shot. Yes he got to the free throw line, but it was at a tremendous cost to his body and we cannot afford to have him go down with an injury or be at less than 100%.

Mitch was stellar and deserves a ton of praise for his energy, his effectiveness, his blocking, his rebounding, his blocks, etc. Fantastic game by him. Pretty sure we would not have won that game without his play.

Cunliffe, Vick, and Garrett all need to step up their game. They all seem capable, but they just aren't getting it at this point. Hopefully they will turn the corner her and get it going. If they step up, we can go a long way even without Preston and the new guy coming in anytime soon.

Just some random thoughts

Visualize Whirled Peas
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk, KMT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.