Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

You've got to be kidding me.

• MountainHawk
  • MountainHawk's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 4 months ago #15074 by MountainHawk
In the 1st half the largest guy on the floor grabs a defensive rebound immediately one of the smallest guys on the floor steals the ball and scores. Further 1st half action. An air ball is shot from beyond the arc. The ball floats into the hands of a teammate. Need I say he scores? On to 2nd half highlights. At the top of the key, the starting point guard hands the ball to opposing defender for his second or third WTF play. The former defender quickly scores. Around 5 mins left in the game 3 teammates go against one opposing player for a rebound. The odd man out gets an offensive rebound and scores. There were also several instances where the rebound hit the hand of the home team and the ball somehow wound up in an opposing players hand. It reminded me of a couple games played in late March: flat, unfocused and couldn't buy a basket, bounce or stop.
The bartender heard me utter the subject title several times this evening.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
6 years 3 months ago #15083 by hairyhawk
I think this was the most disappointing thing. TT won every 50-50 ball. Heck they won every 25-75 ball. They so outworked us it was alarming and I think that is what has most of the fans worried. Right now from what I have seen so far this year this team has not shown the ability to claw back into a game and out scrap anyone.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk

More
6 years 3 months ago #15084 by NotOstertag
In KU's defense, Tech appeared to have 4-5 guys crashing much of the time, which runs the risk of KU getting a fast break on you. I'd also mention that rebounding an air ball is kind of a random thing. Rebounders assume that the ball will hit the rim and box out accordingly. If a guy is pinned under the hoop, he's not in position to rebound a normal shot. So rebouding an air ball is kind of a lucky thing (had the ball caught iron, he'd have been criticized for being in poor position during the film session).

All that being said, we were SO soft on rebounds and 50/50 balls that it was pathetic to watch. Ugh. Hoping this is the last "wake up call" these guy need.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, gorillahawk