Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Flat start at home

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
6 years 4 months ago #15060 by HawkErrant
Tech is playing very well and our guys are just flat.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
6 years 4 months ago #15061 by HawkErrant
He is playing so poorly right now. Is he under the weather?

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

More
6 years 4 months ago #15062 by Hawknmo
I feel a new strategy has emerged....hack a Doke. 28% from the FT line is no way to keep TT winless at AFH. Throw in some careless TOs and some wide open threes missed and we can see the results. Not looking good. 2-3 zone anyone?

RKCKJHK!!!

More
6 years 4 months ago #15063 by CorpusJayhawk
My wife must have said 6 times in that half “what is wrong with Devonte’. At least Self seems to have finally said enough is enough of Newman. I hope he sits the 2nd half. Vilified can’t possibly be as bad as Newman was in his 1st half minutes..

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!

More
6 years 4 months ago #15064 by Riverhawk
Tech is playing very well...well coached and prepared. And...this is the weakest KU team in years...lots of years. This might be a very long conference season.

More
6 years 4 months ago #15065 by CorpusJayhawk
I am 60 years old and not in particularly great shape but I’m pretty sure I could beat the crap out of every single Jayhawk on this years team. What a bunch of lightweights. Texas Tech is clearly a tougher manlier and meaner team. This is tough to watch for a Jayhawk fan. My kingdom for a Tyshawn Taylor or Darnell Jackson or Sherron Collins right about now. Man up boys!!!!!!!!

More
6 years 4 months ago #15066 by Hawknmo
62-49. Call the janitor. This game is over.

RKCKJHK!!!

More
6 years 4 months ago #15067 by DrJHawker
Tech owns the board. This is very discouraging. Haven't lost hope but we'll have to have an extraordinary turnaround.

More
6 years 4 months ago #15068 by CorpusJayhawk
Did Texas tech secretary coat all the Jayhawks hands with Vaseline?

More
6 years 4 months ago #15069 by DrJHawker
We can beat anyone. When we aren't we can be beaten, and beaten badly, by about anyone.

More
6 years 4 months ago #15070 by LKF_HAWK
I missed most of the game, but another home L? What is going on with these guys? Seriously TTU getting their first win at AFH, unbelievable!

More
6 years 4 months ago #15073 by AZhawk87
1. We make threes, we win. We miss, we don't. That's how this season will play out.

2. We only play with 3.5 offensive players, which makes us easily guardable. Newman is a bust and Dok is only good for a few dunks, nothing else.

3. We are unathletic. DG can shoot, but is not an elite athlete. Svi is a better than I expected, but not athletic. Vick is a freak, but not a skilled ball player.

4. We are below average defensively. Dok is not a rim protector despite his size, and we just can't get stops.

5. Self is having his worst year, putting only seven scholarship players on the roster with less talent than most years.

I still think Self will figure out how to get the best out of this bunch, but I think we lose seven conference games. We need upsets throughout the conference to have a shot.

I'm still enjoying this season due mainly to a lower expectation level.

rock chalk

More
6 years 3 months ago #15112 by Hawknmo
The way below avg 3 shooting was a big factor. As was the insane rebounding margin. But to me to have two upperclassmen who have been starters before, to total 10 turnovers between them? Crazy. Now I’m not completely convinced that it’s all complacency. Im willing to go down the 38-40 min a game road. But if thats the case, HCBS is either in real trouble or better start using guys by the name of Cunliffe and even Teahan a lot more. Its only January. Im also on board with Newman being sent back to the jv team. His mind is stuck in AAU mode but his body doesn’t really have the talent. Big disappointment after hearing what a “freak” athlete the guy was last year in practice. He can come in with Young and Sosinski for all I care. Im also not sure adding another big is going to be the cure all. The D is soft. IMHO I’d like to see a lot, and I mean a lot more of the 2-3. Right now it seems pretty effective and does allow a bit more rest than running into 3-4 screens and scrambling to recover for 20-30 seconds.

RKCKJHK!!!