Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

First half impressions

• RobS
  • RobS's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
6 years 3 months ago #14730 by RobS
I've been unable to watch any of the games prior to the Syracuse one, even though the UK game is on my DVR, so I withheld any comments till now. But I couldn't understand the optimism that prevailed after the Syracuse game and tonight's effort is just reinforcing my misgivings. Frankly, I don't think we're even a top 12 team as it stands as we just don't have enough size and ability in the interior once Dok goes out.

Basically, any team that plays us needs to only three things, as shown tonight. First, get Dok in foul trouble. Second, guard against threes and nothing else. Third, don't let us run.

On offense, we need someone with Lightfoot's size playing the middle, instead of Vick. Vick was doing well early in there, but I think he had too many shots blocked when he was in there against Syracuse and now he's gun-shy. In the second half, look for Washington to try and quickly close out on Vick when he gets the ball in there, at least on occasion to reinforce Vick's nervousness.

It's still early in the season. It might be a different story when we get some new players on the floor in a few weeks.

Mongo just pawn in game of life.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.