Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Projected top NBA draft pick Michael Porter, Jr out for season

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
6 years 5 months ago #14553 by HawkErrant
bleacherreport.com/articles/2745454-mich...-remainder-of-season

Looks as if Cuonzo Martin is going to have to show he’s a worthy coach with a bunch of Kim Anderson’s players and no superstar go-to kid.

In a seemingly related story they are calling the sudden overflowing of the Big Muddy in the center of the region a flood of tears.

On a serious note, I feel sorry for the young man and hope he has a full recovery.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
6 years 5 months ago #14556 by Hawknmo
Truly, truly sad. As a central Mizzery resident I can attest that there has not been this much optimism about a player/team since at least '07. The continuous Joe Btfsplk mentality had been lifted for a brief moment but has decidedly returned this afternoon. A real blow to the program.

On a personal note I have had this exact surgery. Mine was L4-L5 but the procedure was the same. I am a bit surprised at the reported recovery time though. It seems a bit long. I realize I was not an elite athlete at the time of my surgery but in reality I would think that could possibly decrease the recovery time. I do hope all goes well for him and that he has a complete recovery.

I was already in the minority camp about his possible return next year. This has done nothing to weaken that position. Conventional wisdom will dictate that he will for sure proceed directly to the NBA now. Keep in mind, those two young men look like that and are vegetarians. Simply put...that ain't right. Seriously, they are not your normal kids and they aren't your normal family. We shall see.

RKCKJHK!!!

More
6 years 5 months ago #14561 by NotOstertag
The kid made a mistake by picking a bad basketball school, but certainly doesn't deserve this to happen to him.

Frankly with Misery's irrelevance since they left the Big 12, it's hard to get too revved up in any kind of "rivalry" stuff. Nevertheless, to go from a top NBA draft choice to "out for the season" really stinks for the kid, and I'm sure it will cost him at least a year before he can try to go pro, and quite likely a few draft positions if he can't return at 100%.

Hope the kid recovers and gets back on track.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
6 years 5 months ago #14562 by HawkErrant
They ended that when they left the conference.

I despise them, though, and always will, for their back stabbing behavior in how they left the conference.

Sure, Nebraska and Colorado left first, and A&M soon after, but they were never two faced about their objectives to get away from Texas and (at least in Colorado’s case for sure) try to find a better overall fit for themselves. Whether either NU or CU found that “better fit” is arguable, but both schools seem to be happy with their new conferences, and A&M seems very pleased to be separated from the tsips now that my Ags have their SEC home.

But we all know how mOO played rogue agent in the Big 12 shakeup. For their “smiling faces” treachery I will always take pleasure in whatever misfortune they suffer, as it will be a form of karmic payback that provides sweet schadenfreude for me.

But even with that, I would never wish injury to one of the players. Tough break for the youngster.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"