Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Anyone hear Preston won’t play tonight?

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
6 years 6 months ago #14396 by HawkErrant
Rivals posters talking of innuendo on 610AM and from Kevin Romary that Preston may not play tonight either. Apparently the lad is a recurring attitude problem & Self taking no prisoners?

All rumor so far. Standing by for more...

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
6 years 6 months ago #14397 by CorpusJayhawk
Preston involved in a single car vehicle accident or some such nonsense. I don’t know if this is the tip of the iceberg or a nothing burger. But I have close to no tolerance for this off the court crap. If this is the tip of the iceberg I say jettison young Mr. Preston and pray de Sousa is eligible the 2nd semester.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #14398 by konza63
Good grief. :angry:

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.
Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by konza63.

• HawkErrant
More
6 years 6 months ago #14399 by HawkErrant
Yep. The accident itself doesn’t seem to be the issue. Self says the Administration is looking into the “financials” of the vehicle, and Preston will be held out until that is resolved. Of course, depending on the resolution, he may be held out even longer.

Grrrrr...

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

More
6 years 6 months ago #14400 by CorpusJayhawk
Looking at financials doesn’t make sense. The 2018 Land Rover is paid for. There is no financing.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
6 years 6 months ago #14401 by konza63
So we know it was his car, and he owns it?

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.

• HawkErrant
More
6 years 6 months ago #14402 by HawkErrant

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 6 months ago #14403 by Wheatstate Gal
Good Lord, the season hasn’t even started and someone May have a dirty nose already!!!!

Ready to open the first “Housemothers-R-Us” franchise?

I can roust their sorry butts out of bed to attend class....

More
6 years 6 months ago #14405 by sasnak
Me too and bringing a whip. Why do we keep having these problems?

It'll feel better when it stops hurting

More
6 years 6 months ago #14424 by NotOstertag
Hope it's a nothing burger, but the optics of a college freshman driving around in a brand new $50k car aren't very good. Must have a really good summer job. :sick: :sick:

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

• HawkErrant
More
6 years 6 months ago #14429 by HawkErrant
FWIW -
Post-midnight JayhawkSlant post by a longtime contributor there with historically solid and accurate program connections conveys that Preston “should be fine.”

Today Shay Wildeboor agrees with his assessment.

Note that this does not mean BP is off any hook or out of any HCBS doghouse or that he won’t have to sit out any more games.

It simply means that he should be fine.

I will add that in my experience with this poster, such a comment from him is of the same category as saying “the sun should rise in east in the morning at dawn” — i.e., you can bank on it.

FWIW

The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63, jayhawk969

More
6 years 6 months ago #14441 by hairyhawk
I have absolutely no inside knowledge about the situation but I thought his body language on the sidelines yesterday was very positive.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant