Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Big 12 Newcomers of the Week - Marcus Garrett and Texas forward Mohamed Bamba

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
6 years 5 months ago #14386 by HawkErrant
www.kuathletics.com/news/2017/11/13/mens...mer-of-the-week.aspx

Also OU's Trae Young named Big 12 Player of the Week.
So how was freshman Young not also named Newcomer of the Week? I really dislike such hypocrisy, I think it cheapens the awards to try to recognize as many people as possible when one player was really dominant. How can you vote for Young as POW (where he was competing against every one in the Big 12 who played last week) and NOT vote for him as Newcomer or Freshman of the Week against a much smaller field of eligibles (realizing that all Freshman are Newcomers, but not all Newcomer are freshmen), unless you just don't know that Young is a freshman? (Really?!?)

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk, murphyslaw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.