Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Malik Newman

• DrJHawker
  • DrJHawker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #14350 by DrJHawker
Anyone else surprised Newman didn't start? Garrett has played well and everyone still gets plenty of minutes. Terrific start for Devonte.
Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by DrJHawker.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
6 years 6 months ago #14351 by konza63
Yes, I was. But Garrett looked great. Our guard depth is great...all athletic. We'll need them in the absence of bigs depth.

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.

More
6 years 6 months ago #14355 by Hawknmo
Totally agree with Konza. Garrett looked pretty solid to me. Under control and good shot selection. 10 boards and leading rebounder will get a guy some serious cred with HCBS as well.

RKCKJHK!!!

More
6 years 6 months ago #14365 by hairyhawk
I thought MG played very well. He showed a lot more game awareness than I expect from a Freshman in his first game. Hopefully we can still play well when we start playing the ultra athletic teams.

• konza63
More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #14370 by konza63
What I really noticed was his defensive intensity and overall "flash" energy. That alone will earn you a LOT of PT with Self. I like the kid a lot already, and it's not because his last name is the same as my son's first name. :-)

PS: My son Garrett wears 0 on his hoops team, as a huge Frank and former T-Rob fan. He just realized last night that he can now ask for a KU #0 jersey for Christmas that will have his personalized name on it. LOL... :-)

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.
Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by konza63.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant

More
6 years 6 months ago #14374 by hairyhawk
That is Outstanding!
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
6 years 6 months ago #14377 by HawkErrant
... seldom does a sure fire winning present fall into your lap (so to speak). Got to get that one, brother!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63

• konza63
More
6 years 6 months ago #14378 by konza63
Yep! :-)