Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Seriously!!

• CorpusJayhawk
  • CorpusJayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 4 months ago #14348 by CorpusJayhawk
Can we start a season without off the court issues. Okay, Newman is not starting and I get that. Totally understandable. He looked like he was sleepwalking in the preseason games. His demeanor needs an AFH adjustment. But Preston missing class or some such. Come on guys. You are high profile prima donnas. You basically have to do a minimum to tow the line. When is the bar fight coming?

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
6 years 4 months ago #14349 by konza63
I like that Self is setting a tone of discipline early with the new guys. I bet HCBS won't be messing around this year.

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.

More
6 years 4 months ago #14356 by Hawknmo
Two answers.....no and the first time Vick's latest ex throws at drink at him.

RKCKJHK!!!

More
6 years 4 months ago #14366 by hairyhawk
I did not look at it that way at all. I think HCBS nipping it in the bud was a good sign.

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
6 years 4 months ago #14369 by konza63
Agreed, Hairyhawk.

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.

More
6 years 4 months ago #14380 by AZhawk87
I've wondered for a few years now. If you're a 6-10 kid who doesn't want to play inside, why in the world would you commit to KU? The NBA is full of supersized guards and outside guys now, so there's reason for a talent like Preston to want to stay out of the paint and not play with his back to the basket. Preston showed a very nice shot and skill from 10 feet facing the hoop.

Self demands anyone over 6-9 to play as a big, and hammers them when they don't. Just because we don't have other bigs on the roster isn't Preston's fault.

Carlton Bragg anyone?? Although it seems he's a mess mentally having now quit on ASU. Bragg came in and was forced to try to play big. He hated it, then sulked, then left. Perry Ellis was asked to play inside, and failed. Once he moved out and faced the hoop, his game took off. It seems like Preston isn't fully buying into the program here yet.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk