Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

KU vs ** charity game

• murphyslaw
  • murphyslaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 6 months ago #14266 by murphyslaw
Anyone paying $40 for pay-per-view of this game?

I want to do my part for the hurricane relief--specifically for Puerto Rico--but I wouldn't pay one penny to watch this game. I wouldn't watch/listen to it even if THEY paid ME $40. (For $400.00 I might get an impersonal acquaintance to watch it and give me a report 5 years afterward on a day that I've had +12 Cuba Libres.)

Bitter? Me? Only slightly.

Bill Self is usually my hero but not today. (Please forgive me, KU basketball gods.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
6 years 6 months ago #14267 by jayhawk969
Yes went to the last one so will watch this one on TV :(

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #14268 by Hawknmo
Que the "Frozen" music. Let it go. Please.

Its a great cause. So far a bit more than "exhibition".

I gladly donated to a worthy cause and enjoyed the first half. It appears both sides have decided to give us moe than a preseason NFL game. Lots of players who started the game in warmups are still in them. Devonte looks very good and Lightfoot impressed me as well. I have heard there maybe an option to purchase this game ppv and watch it later. If so and you went to the game, there was a neat interview with Holly Rowe and Sheron Collins.

Anyway, I am enjoying it. Besides the Chiefs aren't playing, so what a great time to have this.

BTW...."cold never bothered me anway"

RKCKJHK!!!
Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Hawknmo.

More
6 years 6 months ago #14270 by hairyhawk
I was happy to read that the Hawks won and Devonte played well.

More
6 years 6 months ago #14271 by Hawknmo
That was fun. Again if you didn't watch the ppv there were good interviews with Sheron, Travis Releford, Sunvold and even Norm. Plus it was a good game. I was terribly worried that we would get that "I'm not playing my starters 30+ in a game that doesn't count." deal, from BOTH sides. But did not happen and it was a very well played game.

Devonte is really quite good and I am so happy he will get a chance to lead this team. He has been such a decent guy and great player willing to play his role. His reward....son here are the keys to the Lambo..have fun.

Azubuike started a little slow for me but by the end was playing well and asserting himself quite well. I will take two fouls in 27 minutes all year too. He will have to get much better on the boards but I am sure that will come. And oh yeah...thank you Andrea Hudy...he looks great.

If Malik Newman is the "best athlete in practice" I am hoping he is off to a slow start as well. He was OK but from what I have heard from HCBS he is a specimen to behold. I will wait patiently.

Svi, Preston, Garrett, and Lightfoot were all about the same to me. The latter three I expected, Svi I hope will play much better...soon.

Yeah, I know..."it was just a glorified pratice in late October." Well it didn't look that way to me. There were two good teams ( yeah, I said two) who gave very good effort that resulted in an entertaining game. Lets remember, it wasn't some mouth breathing slaver who came up with this idea. It was our HOF coach. The best part for me I think is that the toothpaste is out of the tube. This could happen again much easier. Clearly, from both sides I think that's a good thing.

RKCKJHK!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: murphyslaw, jaythawk1

• murphyslaw
  • murphyslaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 6 months ago #14272 by murphyslaw
Thank you for the details and general information about the game. I admit to being interested--my love of KU b-ball took precedence over my feelings about the match.

Since feelings aren't negotiable, I won't try to justify mine. Suffice it to say that I'm an old-timer who remembers quite well incidents of the MU crowd's throwing soda bottles at the KU band. Although glass bottles were eventually banned, the behavior of many MU fans in general did not improve through the years. I had enough of MU long before they opted out of the Big 12, and when they finally left I was really happy. It was my hope that we would never meet again unless it happened to be in the Big Dance. I was wrong, which is not uncommon.

BTW, I have done and will continue to do what I can toward supporting the hurricane victims. I just choose to contribute via other avenues.

Thank you again for your post.