Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Glad to be back

• Hawknmo
  • Hawknmo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #14261 by Hawknmo
Apologies for my lengthy absence from the board. Suffice to say sometimes life happens and it is not always pleasant. Nice to know some things remain the same.

I had a feeling there may be some wailing and gnashing of teeth about the "exhibition" tomorrow. I think it might be time to channel our inner Elsa and.......Let it Go. As mentioned elsewhere we have played NE and CO (the latter maybe not the best choice if I remember) and I think even A&M. So are we THAT high and mighty that lowering the program to "those" standards is beneath us? Come on man.

I realize I was in the minority in believing the slavers weren't koo koo for coco puffs in 2012. But I got it. Being another shine boy for Daddy Warbucks in Austin gets tiresome, especially when you are dominating them in every revenue and non revenue sport. Lets face it, had we not run the winningest FB coach since A.R. Kennedy in 1910 maybe KU could have had a dog in that fight as well. Nother topic for nother time.

Its a win win for me. Its a great charity and I'm ready to get it going again. It won't be every year unless IL gets sick of their pre-holiday ritual. But for me...its time.

Now for those of you who believe this is going to be a walk in the park or we are going to "elevate an otherwise unimportant program" (strong stuff there NotO), that might be true in a year or two. From someone who has seen the Porters play up close and in person....uh...this year...not so much. MPJ (I am going to go ahead and start using that....lord knows everyone here in central mo will be) is dominating in and of himself. Add Jontay to that mix and they are quite good. Am I predicting a barn doors blown off performance tomorrow? No. Do I expect a lot of semi-interested KU hoops fans at Sprint Center to be surprised they are playing for lowly MIZZERY? Most definitely. They will be a tournament team. The best part? I can't wait to see the Spoiledcats lose twice in three weeks in February!! That could be glorious!!

Anyway...again glad to be back. Really glad you all are still here. Looking forward to another great season and a fun "exhibition" tomorrow.

RKCKJHK!!!
Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Hawknmo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.