Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Please say this is not so...

More
6 years 6 months ago #14212 by Kong

Surely we can raise money for such a cause without stooping to this.

Visualize Whirled Peas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
6 years 6 months ago #14214 by HawkErrant
Silver lining - "nothing is imminent, there are a lot of moving parts."

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
6 years 6 months ago #14218 by HawkErrant
>sigh<

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

• wardhawk
More
6 years 6 months ago #14219 by wardhawk
I just received a text from KSHB that the KU vs MU Basketball game will be Oct. 22, 2017 at the Sprint Center and benefits to go to the Hurricane victims. So looks like it is going to happen. I guess it is a good cause and a way to raise a lot of money.

Wardhawk

More
6 years 6 months ago #14220 by murphyslaw
I always thought the rivalry between us and Missouri was a nasty one, and one we were happy to be done with, not angry because they left the conference.

Wonder who thought of this? I can imagine someone saying, "How can we get KU to play Missou? Oh, I know, let's say it's for charity so KU will look bad if they refuse! Glad we thought of this before Wichita U did!"

Hope we don't play them. Don't want to watch if they do. Finished with the Antlers and the other vicious fans, period.
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63

More
6 years 6 months ago #14221 by murphyslaw
I just emailed the Athletic Director with my thoughts. It is a bit late, but maybe if he gets enough negative emails he will at least consider the fans' wishes.

More
6 years 6 months ago #14223 by RobS
Of course we shouldn't be playing Mizzou and we shouldn't be playing any of the former Big12 teams outside of the NCAA tournament IMO. But, if I remember right, we've played Colorado and we have Nebraska on the schedule this year. Have we played Tx A&M too?

So the horse has left the barn.

Mongo just pawn in game of life.

• wardhawk
More
6 years 6 months ago #14230 by wardhawk
I agree with you on not wanting to play them again ever. It's just too ugly on their part.

Wardhawk

More
6 years 6 months ago #14231 by NotOstertag
Ugh. We gain nothing from this and only elevate an otherwise unimportant program. I'm all for charity, but I'd rather just donate the gate from our current exhibition games.

Then to add to the fun, we've learned today that UNC is completely avoiding any NCAA sanctions for "the biggest cheating scandal in NCAA history."

Friday the 13th I guess.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #14232 by konza63
:angry:

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.
Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by konza63.