Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

What KU coach Bill Self is looking for in his team’s final two games in Italy

• gorillahawk
  • gorillahawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 8 months ago #13976 by gorillahawk
What KU coach Bill Self is looking for in his team’s final two games in Italy

< www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12...rticle165596492.html >

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
6 years 8 months ago #13977 by AZhawk87
He seems openly frustrated with the lack of talent on the opposing teams. I would have thought this trip would have been a little more organized in terms of the opponents. We play the same team, but they change players every game, and they don't seem to be the professionals Self expected. The gyms also look awful. Strange trip.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk

More
6 years 8 months ago #13980 by DocHawk
Despite the lack of competition, I was very encouraged. We were abele to watch the last three games at a sports bar and everyone looked very good and improved from last year. Newman is a stud. Looks like Wayne Seldon on a good shooting day but with a better handle. Vick is doing his best Frank Mason impression going to the rim and shows a sweet pull up jumper and Svi just looks like a senior with more confidence and aggressiveness. Devonte didn't shoot that well but was in full point guard mode and will steer the ship well. Garrett had one great game and dhows lots of potential. The bigs didn't get much of a chance to show what they can do. Dok was sick the last two games and did very little but dunk in the first two. Billy Preston had one good game where he was very active and looked like a man among boys. Reminded me of Thomas Robinson in physique. Overall, I think we will play a lot of 4/1 this year because of the quality of our guards but will also be able to go big when needed. I think it's gonna be a great year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk, gorillahawk