Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Louisville to be stripped (no pun intended) of title. Could UNC be next?

• DrJHawker
  • DrJHawker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
6 years 10 months ago #13818 by DrJHawker

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
6 years 10 months ago #13819 by Governors
Carolina? Seriously?

They just punished UNC, only the school's name is Louisville.

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
6 years 10 months ago #13822 by HawkErrant
I've read the article, and I've listened to several talking heads discussing the UL sanctions. I will believe UL will have its 2013 title vacated when it happens -- and then I'll have higher hopes for a just resolution of the tarred ones debacle with a similar resolution and vacated titles.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

More
6 years 10 months ago #13827 by Governors
www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/article156649234.html

Jay Bilas says the NCAA is so determined to punish North Carolina that it’s breaking its own rules to do so.

Bilas – a former Duke basketball player who now works with ESPN – said there’s never been a situation like the one at UNC, where university officials allegedly used fraudulent classes to keep players eligible. But Bilas thinks the NCAA has stepped out of line.

“They’re breaking their own rules to try to punish North Carolina because they don’t like this …” said Bilas, who’s hosting a basketball camp this weekend in Charlotte. “You can’t just violate the rules because you don’t like something.”