Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Thursday's game

• murphyslaw
  • murphyslaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 10 months ago #13807 by murphyslaw
Spectrum (Time Warner) showed the game on their sports channel so I got to see most of it. It was amazing to see so many former players returning--a record number--and to see how much they've changed! I didn't recognize Drew Gooden, and Tyrel Reed looked much older than he really is. Chalmers was all bearded up, and many had obviously gained weight. Withey was very animated, not stoic as I remember.

They all seemed to be having a grand time, and I gained respect for Brian Hanni, who auctioned several items to aid 5 young cancer victims. He did a great job; I'm going to try to overlook his vocal shortcomings and focus on his character.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
6 years 10 months ago #13808 by HawkErrant
He's not Max or Bob, but he loves Ol' KU, and that's a real fine place to start...

Hope everyone is having a great off-season! We've been otherwise preoccupied, but I anticipate getting back to summertime recruiting updates -- and any other updates of interest, such as how does one say "Hail to Ol'KU" in Italian -- after our son's visit in early July.

Keep on Rock Chalkin'!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

• murphyslaw
  • murphyslaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 10 months ago #13810 by murphyslaw
Good point, Sir Hawk. He is one of the faithful, that's for sure.