Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Transfers and Scholarships

• mpeterson44
  • mpeterson44's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
6 years 11 months ago #13552 by mpeterson44
Since we have used up all available scholarships to sign 3 transfers what would the options be if Trevon Duval or any anyone else that has an open offer were to sign with KU. This assumes that Svi is returning. I know one option is for someone to pay their own way for a year and walk on. Is there any person on the team that could do this? Are there other options? If I remember right this has happened in the past where a scholarship player walked on one year so we could sign another recruit but I can't remember who it was. Also wondered that what the wisdom is for wanting a transfer who will use up a scholarship for a year in which he cannot play. Would have to be a very special talent it seems. Would also give more team chemistry for that person when he becomes eligible. What do you think?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.