Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Graham looking forward to Senior Night!

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #13416 by HawkErrant
Yes, he'll be back!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: murphyslaw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #13417 by HawkErrant
NB: given how close DG & Svi are, his decision could heavily influence Svi's.

Time will tell...

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #13418 by JRhawk
Great news - I hope Svi follows suit.

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #13420 by porthawk
This is terrific news! I was thinking he'd announce he's returning at the postseason banquet, but I'm happy to get the news earlier!

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #13421 by murphyslaw
Yahoo! Yippee! Yea! Hallelujah! Tippecanoe and Tyler, too! (?)

We are pleased.

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #13423 by AZhawk87
I really like Graham. He's fun to watch, with an infectious smile. I also like how he gets in guys faces when they're not producing. That's team leader stuff! I also like four year guys who give their all for KU. I respect Graham for being one of them.

But - and here goes the wet blanket - I don't think he's a top tier point guard who will carry us next year to any level close to what Frank did. PLEASE DG prove me wrong, but I have my concerns. Top tier guys don't disappear when the athleticism of bigger stronger players appear. Frank never wavered against anyone. Graham (and Svi) did.

He is a very good player. He has games where he makes 5 three's, which is fun to watch. But he is a B level athlete with limited driving/finishing skills ("A" level being a dominant guy that is really hard to guard - think Mason, the Kentucky guys Monk and Fox, etc.), Unless he develops a killer mid range pull up, he really doesn't pose a threat as a drive and finish or drive and kick out point guard.

I'm very happy he's back, and never wanted him to leave early (he honestly needs a breakout senior year to have much chance of getting drafted anyway). But I sure hope our high low big man game reappears and we dominate inside. Our year of our point guard dominating is "one and done" with Frank leaving.

Congrats DG for announcing early, and committing to your Senior year. I will watch you play and respect you with the other four year KU guys that have earned their place in KU history. And I sure hope I'm dead wrong and you step into the limelight and have a great year.

Rock Chalk!
The following user(s) said Thank You: rainyhawk, murphyslaw