Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Bragg to transfer from Kansas

• gorillahawk
  • gorillahawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #13366 by gorillahawk
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #13369 by JRhawk
All the best Carlton. Not too surprised at move - seemingly great potential his freshman year, but too many off-court issues last year, that seemed to drag him down.

• texkan
  • Ring my Bell, if you can find it! ;)
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #13371 by texkan
... the wheels on the bus go round and round. Thank you, texkan ;p

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #13372 by HawkErrant
Too bad for him and for the program. I really hoped he would straighten out his life and start to fulfill some of his potential. On the plus side for him, he gets to start anew with a relatively clean slate, and a year sitting out to put things together without the stress of game performance on the big stage.

Best of luck to him.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #13373 by NotOstertag
JR and HE summed it up nicely.

Not surprised to see him wanting to start over somewhere else. Wish him all the best.

Once we get decision on whether Devonte and/or Svi decide to come back, we (and the coaches) can assess what we need in terms of depth and positions.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #13374 by Kong
I too held out hope that he would get it together and produce for KU like his potential indicated he could. A shame it didn't work out here.

Hope he has success elsewhere both on and off the court, except if it is against us of course.

Good luck Carlton

Visualize Whirled Peas

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #13377 by Wheatstate Gal
AH. I had forgotten that he will have to sit a year. So does he get to another powerhouse, or does he take his skinny little self to a lesser house. Man, I had forgotten that he was a sought after recruit. Has the behavior and horrible sophomore slump sullied his desirability?

Too bad. I had hoped he'd blossom...he was so enjoyable to watch on the sidelines his freshman year.

Good luck, CB, Jr.

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #13378 by AZhawk87
In reading Tom Keegan's article, there is some real negativity from Tom toward Bragg. Almost a "good riddance" take. I suspect Tom may know more than we will ever know about the behind the scenes stuff with Bragg, and maybe he's sending us all a strong message about Bragg that Self can't say himself.

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #13379 by DrJHawker
Carlton showed so much promise last year. This year I kept hoping the light would come on in Bragg's head and he would start playing to his potential, but he never did. His off season antics were probably part of the reason he didn't. During the NCAA Tournament it became clear Bragg didn't have a place in the lineup and probably wouldn't be back. I think he made the right choice for both he and KU. Hopefully he'll go on to have a good conclusion to his college career and end up earning money playing basketball. Unless he plays against the Jayhawks, I'll always be cheering for him. Hopefully Self can fill his spot with someone who can be more effective. Any thoughts on potential big men to sign?

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #13380 by murphyslaw
See Murph doing her happy dance!

I hold no ill will for the young man and certainly hope he gets his act together wherever he lands, but my forehead needs to recover from my slapping it nearly every time he was on the court.

This big goofy kid never grew up despite the many chances given him. His absence could make room for someone more mature, and that's a good thing.