Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Flush this season down the toilet

• konza63
  • konza63's Avatar Topic Author
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
7 years 4 weeks ago #13303 by konza63
Utterly disgusting way to end it.

I'm outta here.

See you all in the fall.

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 4 weeks ago #13304 by LKF_HAWK
Nights like this make me question what did KU do to the basketball gods to deserve to cruelly watch an ex-coach win #3. Argh!

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
7 years 4 weeks ago - 7 years 3 weeks ago #13305 by HawkErrant
Glad I skipped the NCAA fueled fiasco.

Disgusted the cheaters even got to play.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
Last Edit: 7 years 3 weeks ago by HawkErrant.

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #13306 by JRhawk
You were smart not to watch HE. The NC game stunk from the word go. The refs stunk - called fouls on Gonzaga's important players in 1st half, then on everyone in 2nd. Announcers were UNC homers, which was unbelievable. Then of course the game play was pathetic. To top it off, I had an email from the NCAA this morning (sent late last night) congratulating UNC as NC's. Made me want to puke.
I am still interested in who announces and who else KU might recruit, so will hang around,

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #13314 by HawkErrant
I'm forlornly -- and almost certainly wrongly* -- hoping that this is the NCAA giving the tarred ones one last title before vacating two, allowing Roy to ride off into the sunset with at least one legitimate NC. Of course, the way the refs helped the tarred ones this tournament, it's clear to me the behind the scenes money made this one illegitimate on its own merits -- or rather, it's lack of them.

*Wrongly only because I have no faith in the NCAA today doing anything to harm a sacred cow, no matter how much it deserves butchering.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"