Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Bill Self to HOF

• mpeterson44
  • mpeterson44's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 1 month ago #13251 by mpeterson44
ESPN is reporting that coach Self will be inducted to the Naismith Hall of Fame. www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/sto...-hall-fame-inductees
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, JRhawk, Bayhawk, texkan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
More
7 years 1 month ago #13260 by JRhawk
KU Athletics needs a proofreader - under Trophy Case section, says 17 regular season conference titles, 2 at Tulsa, 2 at Ill, 12 at KU (actually lists all 13 years at KU). Have it correct under Career Highlights section.

More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #13262 by jayhawk969
Sorry did not notice already posted :(:sick:

KANSAS CITY, Mo. —

Kansas men's basketball coach Bill Self will be inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, the Hall announced Saturday.

A first-ballot inductee, Self becomes the 20th person associated with Kansas basketball to be inducted, the last being coaching legend John McClendon, who was inducted last year for a second time, according to a news release from KU Athletics.

"I actually thought about it a little bit because I knew I was a finalist but I never thought it would come to be," Self said. "Even though I was expecting a call to tell me one way or the other, it totally caught me off guard. I'm very honored and very humbled because I know there are so many people out there that this game has been their life to them or they have based their entire life promoting and having great success at the game. I feel humbled that I was remotely considered in that group."

Induction ceremonies will take place in September at the Hall of Fame in Springfield, Massachusetts.
Last Edit: 7 years 1 month ago by jayhawk969.
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63, HawkErrant

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
7 years 1 month ago #13263 by HawkErrant
No worries, 969!

I merged you into the first thread.

Always great to have good news being shouted from On the Hill!

Hey, everyone -- pics!

Enjoy it all, Jayhawks fans!

And congratulations to our Self! :woohoo: :P B)

ROCK CHALK!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: JRhawk, jayhawk969

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
7 years 1 month ago #13267 by konza63
Big-time congrats to Coach Self. So richly deserved...

May he pad his career stats and accomplishments at a truly elite level at KU in the years ahead...

Rock Chalk!

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.