Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

FMIII unanimous AP AA -- AFH Rafters locked!

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #13189 by HawkErrant
collegebasketball.ap.org/article/frank-m...-ap-all-america-team

The only unanimous choice this year,

Deserving!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
Last Edit: 7 years 1 month ago by HawkErrant.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 1 month ago #13191 by JoJoHawk
Just read article- JJ third team. Happen to be reading Malcolm Gladwells "Outliers" now and could not help but think of FM III. Second chapter introduces the "10,000 Hour" rule regarding the amount of time one needs to put in as practice time to gain true expertise or mastery of a skill. I also remember an Allen Iverson quote about how many hours he practiced his fake crossover move in front of a mirror to perfect it. I think from what HCBS as said and remembering the article of Franks work with Hudi over these last 2 years that he is the personification of hard work and that we can all be proud to call him one of the best Jayhawks ever!

RCJH-KU
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, murphyslaw

• HawkErrant
More
7 years 1 month ago #13192 by HawkErrant
BTW, this means #AFHRafters for BIFM!

KU: Requirements to be In the AFH Rafters

Granted, "unanimous" (all 65 AP writers voted FMIII) is not the same as "consensus" per the NCAA (defined below).

BUT...

Frank already has already been named 1st team AA by The Sporting News (TSN), the National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC) and the U.S. Basketball Writers Association (USBWA). Getting the AP recognition seals the deal for him, even before the NPOY awards are announced. NCAA "consensus" for postseason awards means being selected for an award by all four of TSN, NABC, USBWA and the AP.

Frank, we know you would trade all the awards for an NC, and that is just one of the reasons we love ya, man!

CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN, FRANK!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wheatstate Gal

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 1 month ago #13194 by Wheatstate Gal
HE--

As soon as I read your "subject" I started high-fiving myself all around my office (and then I wonder why my co-workers give me a wide berth!)....I knew it was:

NUTHIN' BUT RAFTERS, BABY!!!!

#BIFM -- U-NAN-I-MOUS!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant

More
7 years 1 month ago #13195 by JRhawk
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
7 years 1 month ago #13211 by konza63
FANTASTIC.

Beyond deserving.

Can't wait for the rafters ceremony.

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.

• HawkErrant
More
7 years 1 month ago #13216 by HawkErrant

konza63 wrote: FANTASTIC.

Beyond deserving.

Can't wait for the rafters ceremony.

Me neither!

More
7 years 1 month ago #13218 by murphyslaw
This team had excellent player; however, Frank is the one player who never let dpwn his team, his coaches, or his fans.

I'll bet none of us will ever say, "Who was that great point guard who was unanimous All American choice?" His name and the wonderful memories he gave us will never be forgotten.

Bravo, Frank Masonlll!