Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Old Roy in the Final Four!

• DrJHawker
  • DrJHawker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 1 month ago #13138 by DrJHawker
They almost let it slip away but played big in the end. I'm still a Roy fan and would much rather see him and the Tar Heels in the finals than Cal and UK there. Not a fan of the Wildcat NBA farm team but it was a great finish! Can't help but remember that we soundly beat UK in Lexington earlier this year. We should have been in the Final Four.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 1 month ago #13139 by JRhawk
Nothing against Roy, but no way I can root for a school that should be banned for life.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Governors

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
7 years 1 month ago #13140 by konza63
I'm glad the Squidettes didn't win...but I'm with JR on the next round. The Tarholes shouldn't even be in this thing due to their 2-decade academic cheating scandal. I hope they get their rears handed to them. I'm pulling for any of the other 3 teams to win it all. I'd kind of like for SC to win just to show what a crapshoot this tourney can be...

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JRhawk, Governors

More
7 years 1 month ago #13143 by LKF_HAWK
Too bad he the Tarheels aren't facing the Hawks. Self needs to figure this out soon.

• konza63
More
7 years 1 month ago #13144 by konza63
Carolina and Kentucky played in an elite blueblood Elite 8 game and gave the country a back-and-forth battle worthy of the two historical foes. Both played solid games on a very bright stage.

Meanwhile, KU played an Elite 8 game 45 minutes from home and looked like a deer in headlights. Basically they crapped the bed on national TV in the prime evening game.

SMH...

:blush:

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.

• DrJHawker
  • DrJHawker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 1 month ago #13146 by DrJHawker
Konza - I hate that you're right.

• konza63
More
7 years 1 month ago #13147 by konza63
And I definitely wish I were wrong, Dr Jay...

More
7 years 1 month ago #13148 by LKF_HAWK
Konza- I dreaded this game because I knew KU was due for a tough game and that Oregon was a bad matchup. However, I thought KU would find a way to bury the past demons in the E8 because this team did all year and it was in KC. But after the Purdue game everyone was talking about how great this team is and then Self goes and says E8 is toughest game, and the Hawks just lay a massive egg. Oregon played well, but frankly they did not have to, because KU was tighter than a drum and just flat out fell apart. Meanwhile UNC is in FF 20 and good ole KU stuck in the E8 Bermuda Triangle.