Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

What a thud!

• LKF_HAWK
  • LKF_HAWK's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 1 month ago #13090 by LKF_HAWK
This was the game that concerned me, a team similar to KU, and apparently more athletic. But jeez whiz, what an absoultue no show by everyone but BFM.

Oregon played loose and KU just puckered up and laid an egg. What a horrible way to end BFM career. I will miss watching this team.

The HCBS questions will persist, KU got toasted again in the EE in KC nonetheless.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 1 month ago #13092 by DrJHawker
I knew Oregon was a solid team but I thought playing at the Sprint Center made this a virtual lock. Oregon played very well and we were flat. Josh's early fouls threw off our rhythm and after being on fire from the three the first three games, we were cold as ice. Svi was the only player who seem seemed to have any confidence behind the line. In games like this it also seems like every bounce and break goes the other way.

Very disappointing ending to another good season. Self is now 2-7 in trips to be Elite 8 - 2-5 at KU.

More
7 years 1 month ago #13098 by murphyslaw
The only word I can think of which describes our showing is ignominious.

Graham had 3 points tonight, and that was due to making 3 free throws. If he makes his usual average, we at least come close. Jackson fouls early and had 5 turnovers.

Thank you, Frank, for a complete wonderful season. You never let your team or your fans down the entire year.
Thanks to Svi for his energy and to Vick for the bright spots he brought from the bench. Thanks to Landon for fighting so hard that he at least got 9 points.

Thanks to the entire team for a great ride and some very exciting moments throughout the year. I know you feel even worse than we do about tonight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63, HawkErrant, sasnak, newtonhawk

More
7 years 1 month ago #13117 by hairyhawk
I thought the sequence at the end of the first half was typical of the whole game We turned it over then the Ducks heave a quick three to try and get a 2 for one and it goes in. Then we turned it over again and they bank in another 3. Everything bounced great for the ducks. They shot very well even with a defender on them and we obviously did not.

• LKF_HAWK
  • LKF_HAWK's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 1 month ago #13123 by LKF_HAWK
In so much Oregon played well, they left KU plenty of chances to get back into the game. The team started out tight and when things went south they just puckered up even more. What puzzles me is this team seemed to thrive in pressure situations. I really do think there is something to the theory about HCBS being tight impacting the team. KU still had a shot with 2:50 to go, so not like Oregon played 40 perfect minutes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant