Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Post season

• LSHawk
  • LSHawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 1 month ago #13065 by LSHawk
So, let's get #14 next year, then adjust everything so that we can have post season success; who cares what happens in conference...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
7 years 1 month ago #13066 by konza63
Yep. I'm very tired of choking in the post-season. Only Frank brought anything G tonight. DG and Jackson have been absolutely horrible!

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
7 years 1 month ago #13156 by konza63
Best comment I've seen:

"So, let's get #14 next year, then adjust everything so that we can have post season success; who cares what happens in conference..."

I couldn't agree more. Break the UCLA record, but then forget about that and start focusing in laser-like fashion on post-season deep runs.

In the national comparative scheme of things, NCAA crowns are the one and only currency that matters. And you can't trade in that currency if you can't get past the Elite 8.

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.

More
7 years 1 month ago #13182 by JRhawk
Exactly how would you adjust to focus on post season?

• LSHawk
  • LSHawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 1 month ago #13184 by LSHawk
Maybe not much in X's and O's, but less emphasis on one and dones (so can build more experienced teams). Maybe more player development throughout the season to extend the bench. We've been so obsessed with the conference title streak, maybe we're just out of gas come post season.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JRhawk

More
7 years 1 month ago #13185 by JRhawk
Thanks. I definitely agree that need to use more players. HCBS always shortens the bench in post season, but if more played during the regular season, starters maybe wouldn't be as tired (I guess you already said that :-) )
Even if Dok hadn't gotten hurt, this was the weakest bench in several years. Of course, guys like to play and leave if they don't get to (to wit: AW, CF, & Milton Doyle - all Seniors this year, but elsewhere).