Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Amazing sea change

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #12982 by HawkErrant
KU PURDUE
6:50 H1 33-25 Purdue has its largest lead.

5:12 H1 KU ties game 33-33.

KU outscores Purdue 14-7 rest of H1,
51-26 H2,
65-33 last 25 minutes of game.

73-33 in the 26:50 minutes after Purdue had built its largest lead of the game.

Incredible.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #12996 by hairyhawk
That's what happens when you play better and hit shots. I still worry about a game where we are not hitting our shots. The team that lost to VCU was a much better team than VCU that year we just went ice cold at the wrong time. I really hope nothing like that happens to this team as I have enjoyed this year and hope it continues. Keep playing loose and having fun guys and play like you can. If they do that they will be tough to beat.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #12999 by Bayhawk
BIFM won't let that happen Hairy.

RC

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #13005 by NotOstertag
Purdue was shooting over 60% from 3 for a while in the 1st half. When that dried up (due to KU defense) they ran out of options.

If you're playing Southeastern Indiana Tech and Beauty School and they're shooting 60% from 3, it's going to be hard to keep up.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: OreadExpress

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #13007 by BadgerHawk
Don't discount the coaching acumen of HCBS. Biggie and Swanigan were killing us early, but then the defense started doubling them and denying the entry pass, resulting in lots of steals. Hitting shots was a key factor in dominating Perdue, but the improved defense against their bigs was also very important. It feels like this team is finally getting it with respect to how their defensive effort can really make them much better. There is always a game in the tournament where things don't go well on offense, and I hope they can keep up a high effort on defense to get them through when that happens.

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #13009 by OreadExpress

If you're playing Southeastern Indiana Tech and Beauty School and they're shooting 60% from 3, it's going to be hard to keep up.

Ouch! :pinch:

That'd be a bad beat. ;) :P

Jackson's help D when the ball dropped into the post was disruptive to say the least. That defensive shift helped stop the bleeding and was the source of a number of transition opportunities that helped shift momentum into what became an avalanche of offense.

It was an amazing thing to see no doubt about it.