Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

4th Largest Sweet 16 Margin in History

• NotOstertag
  • NotOstertag's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 4 days ago #12949 by NotOstertag
Who saw that coming? I sure didn't, especially after the sluggish start. Almost hit 100??? Against Purdue, the Big 10 champs???? NO way!

Then things really got out of hand. The last quarter of the game was ridiculous, and when we were up by 20 with 6+ minutes left, I started feeling bad for Purdue. I also think we got a glimpse of just how good these guys are when everyone is on.

I honestly don't think anybody had a 'bad' game.

Obviously Frank, Devonte, and Josh put on a show. Landon didn't score much, but he played great defense against 2 guys who are a level ahead of him skills, athleticism, and physically, AND he didn't foul out. Svi hit some key shots and played solid D.

Coleby continues to perform at a higher level than most expected, Vick played well and had a 360 dunk off a steal. Even Bragg, who has clearly been underperforming came in to help on the Purdue bigs and didn't do anything to hurt us.

I don't want to get overconfident, but for a game that was supposed to be close, it sure didn't work out that way, did it.

Some stats to keep you warm at night:

Average KU points first 3 rounds: 96
Average OPP points first 3 rounds: 66
Average margin: 30
Total points for 3 games: 288
Total cumulative margin 3 games: 90!!!
Closest margin: 20
Biggest margin: 38

That, folks, is INSANE. The games are supposed to get HARDER as you get deeper.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, Bayhawk, porthawk, murphyslaw, DrJHawker

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.