Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Gottlieb

• DocBlues
  • DocBlues's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 1 month ago #12873 by DocBlues
ESPN is reporting that Doug Gottlieb is interviewing today for the Okie State coaching job. I gotta wonder if Dougie will show up with his pants on backwards. ;)

www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/sto...oys-coaching-vacancy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 1 month ago #12875 by Bayhawk
Toooooo funny!!! :P

RC

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet

More
7 years 1 month ago #12877 by AZhawk87
I have never understood the theory of hiring an alum, just because they're an alum, to be the coach. You must choose the best coach to lead the program, not the best guy available who used to play here.

Would any college senior even remember who Gottlieb was as an OSU player, or even care? Big recruits care about "who is most likely to get me to the NBA" and "who has done that before with players like me".

Hiring Gottlieb, who has zero experience recruiting, teaching freshmen how to mature and adapt to the college game, and to traverse the tricky world of college, classes, grades, girls, drinking, etc. that can trip up a young player, seems foolish.

More
7 years 1 month ago #12878 by Bayhawk
Hey AZ,

Cool avatar!!

RC

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet

More
7 years 1 month ago #12887 by NotOstertag
Hmmmm...interesting.

On the upside, I think it would be great to show Dougie just tough it can be to actually coach vs. second-guess as a commentator. At least that would give us 2 guaranteed wins per season vs. the Cowboys as he figured things out. I also like the idea of the "pants on backwards" chant rising up at AFH in full volume.

On the downside, OSU had gotten back on course this season, and I firmly believe that a strong big 12 helps us as much as everybody.

Could be interesting.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wheatstate Gal