Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Are people having trouble with the board?

• konza63
  • konza63's Avatar Topic Author
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
7 years 1 month ago #12500 by konza63
JRHawk messaged me to say that it showed him as logged in today, on two separate occasions. He wrote thoughtful posts but then had them disappear into the ether when submitted, with it saying he wasn't logged in.

Is anyone else having an issue? Perhaps this explains why the board is starkly silent (or at least incredibly sparse) on the eve of the tournament? You'd think it would be hopping this week. :( :dry: :blush:

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 1 month ago #12502 by Bayhawk
I'm good.

The quality of my polls can't be blamed on the board software! :ohmy:

RC

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63

More
7 years 1 month ago #12503 by porthawk
No trouble here:

Here's my thought...and it goes back to what WSG about losing a typed message a while back.

If you stay logged in, but have been inactive on the board, when you type a message and hit send, it won't send and will say something to the effect of that your session has expired. At this point, your message is lost (You can't go "back" to see it.) It's happened to me before and is certainly frustrating. My two suggestions are this: 1.) Refresh the page before typing a new message. 2.) Type your message and "copy" it before sending. It's a safety net just in case your session did, indeed, expire.

Outside of that, not sure what else it could be.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JRhawk, KMT

• konza63
More
7 years 1 month ago #12505 by konza63
Thanks, Port! Good advice...

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.

More
7 years 1 month ago #12506 by JRhawk
Port - you hit the nail on the head - described my exact situation. Even though the status indicator showed green, when submitted it said session expired. Great suggestion to "copy" before hitting Submit.
Konza - not sure how thoughtful my posts were. :-)
Thanks for raising the ?

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 1 month ago #12507 by Wheatstate Gal
Like Brother Bay, no problems here....

Quality not guaranteed. ;-)

More
7 years 1 month ago #12510 by porthawk
Well good, then :) I'm glad that's all it was -- a very rectifiable situation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #12511 by AZhawk87
Had the same issue the other day. I Typed what I believe was my best post EVER, but had to leave for a while before hitting "submit". i came back, hit submit, and then realized my awesome post disappeared.

I'm sorry you all were not able to read my post. I can't remember exactly what it was, but I do recall it was spectacular.

Onward, and Rock Chalk.

• konza63
More
7 years 1 month ago #12512 by konza63
Lol... :-)

More
7 years 1 month ago #12521 by hairyhawk
I have had this many times

More
7 years 1 month ago #12524 by LKF_HAWK
No trouble recently but have had issues in the past

More
7 years 1 month ago #12529 by Freestate69
I've not had problems lately, but have encountered the same issue as others when logged on with a long period of inactivity. I've taken to composing longer posts in an offline editor (e.g. WordPad) and then copying to RCB after ensuring I'm still logged in.

"Be on your guard. There are older and fouler things than orcs in the deep places of the earth." - Gandalf on passing through Columbia, MO

More
7 years 1 month ago #12532 by hairyhawk
That is the way I have been doing it now as well. When I am trying to write something thoughtful.

More
7 years 1 month ago #12535 by porthawk
That's a good idea, too!

More
7 years 1 month ago #12538 by OreadExpress
Have had that happen before also, but at least while using my iPad, when I go to the reply button again the reply box is already populated with the potentially lost response. I usually will select all and copy though if I am taking to long to respond working under the assumption that my good fortune will turn at the most inopportune time.

More
7 years 1 month ago #12555 by rainyhawk
Just happened to me yesterday although I didn't get any message about being timed out. Had done a post with quite a bit of research done and posted it. When I looked later, it never posted. Not sure I can find all the info again!

More
7 years 1 month ago #12559 by murphyslaw
Thanks for the good laugh, AZ! Needed it after watching Princeton come so close to beating Notre Dame.
Am not really a fan of either, but Princeton showed great heart and determination.

• konza63
More
7 years 1 month ago #12562 by konza63
I was pulling for Princeton.

They should've gone hard to the bucket on the final possession, looking for the two or the foul. Didn't need a 3 there. (Just my opinion!)

The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant