Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

KU record at the Sprint Center

• konza63
  • konza63's Avatar Topic Author
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #12490 by konza63
Please note that I'm not looking past the Tulsa opening games, but I was just curious how KU has fared overall (all-time) at the Sprint Center. The reason is...maybe it's just me, but it just feels in my gut like anything but an "Allen Fieldhouse East" venue. I guess maybe it's the "Lombardi" factor, where, as Vince famously opined, the losses stick with you much longer and more viscerally than the wins. But it just seems like KU has been good but not great at Sprint.

For those counting, here is the record:

34-7 all-time...

That's good enough for an 83% winning percentage. That strikes me as about right in terms of alignment with my gut feeling. We've won many games there, but we've lost enough (2 out of every 10) to make it far less dominant or a "sure thing" than the Ole Barn.

Here's hoping that KU gets a chance to improve that record to 36-7 real soon-like...and then succeeds in doing so!

Rock Chalk...

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.
Last Edit: 7 years 1 month ago by konza63.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.