Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Sorry.....

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Wheatstate Gal's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 1 month ago #12477 by Wheatstate Gal
Made it thru the entire cold and flu season untouched until yesterday.....I'll live, but I think I have too many unencumbered minutes today....spending too much time "giving my 2 cents."

This too shall pass!

;-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
7 years 1 month ago #12481 by HawkErrant
Take care of yourself, y'hear?

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

More
7 years 1 month ago #12491 by hairyhawk
Get well quickly but please keep posting. Your 2 cents are worth at least........2 cents :unsure:

More
7 years 1 month ago #12497 by murphyslaw
Get well quickly, Wheaty, but please keep on posting whenever you're up to it!

More
7 years 1 month ago #12516 by JhawkMom
Need you well for the real important games friend!!!

Sitting in the airport in San Francisco at 3:30 in the morning waiting for a 6:00 flight to Houston to get us to Tampa at 4:30 pm. Flight was supposed to leave Kona yesterday at 1:10 but delayed until 5:15 so all connections blown. Long long trip back to the real world. Busy catching up on news

So sorry to see Danny lost. Isn't it weird that somebody I never met feels like a son to me. :P

Lots of good games to look forward to on Thursday. Can't wait.

Hope this finds you feeling better now!!!!

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 1 month ago #12518 by Wheatstate Gal
Thanks, All.

Thought I was feeling better, then I read Guv's recent Tarhole "alternative facts" update; boy, that'll make ya sick! Maybe we are fortunate(?) with our continuing vandalism saga? Better to have no issues, but it could be worse.

Mom should be flying now....hope there was no fog @ SFO this morning!

Whenever you have time, ANYtime, Konza63.....we will all enjoy snaps of the famous paybacks tee!

Have a great day everyone and Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

More
7 years 1 month ago #12520 by murphyslaw
Yes, it was sad to see Danny and his Boys lose, especially since they were within a few points of the Kitties most of the game.

I've been concerned that his record might cause him to lose his job, but maybe making the play-in, at least, will give WF officials reason to keep him on.

Getting nervous and excited that the Big Dance starts tonight!

RC, Everyone!

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
7 years 1 month ago #12537 by HawkErrant
Dang it all, Wheaty, yer giving' new meaning to the term "computer virus"! No sooner did I read your OP that I started feeling crappy (sore throat, congestion, etc.)! Whodathunkit?!?! Lots of tea with honey and throat lozenges to go with my Nyquil and aspirin/naproxen (get enough acetaminophen in the NyQuil, no need to be taking any more!)

Murph, re: Danny -- I was worried about his status at Wake Forest as well. However, in the last week I've heard a lot of the talking heads having good things to say about his progress at WF, so this year has been a plus for him. Next year will be a key one for him, though, as he will be expected to build upon the progress made this year.

Now it's time to get ready for bed and rest up this irritated throat and congested sinuses!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 1 month ago #12539 by Wheatstate Gal
Oh fiddle stix, HE.

Get well, my friend.

Also I will worry no more about Sir Danny of Wake...I had those lousy thoughts, too.