Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Love/Hate Relationship with....

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Wheatstate Gal's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 1 month ago #12446 by Wheatstate Gal
......this time of year.

I already have "so-called friends" from ALL over the country salivating about KUs #1 seed.

I hear NOTHING all BB season....nothing about 13 straight (Oh, I did see something about "Coach Consonants" (thx, Bro Bay!) winning his 14th ACC "something"...........I wanted to SCREAM, not in a ROW you freaking moron!!!); nothing about FM3 and all of his accolades; however I DO hear when ISU knocks us off at home......

I guess either my "so called friends" actually HATE my stinking guts; or they HATE my beloved Jayhawks......similar to how I feel about KenSucky and/or Puke and/or the Tarholes......

I guess maybe I'm starting to "get it." :-/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 1 month ago #12452 by NotOstertag
Dealing with the fair-weather fans that stop by at the end of the season to razz you is easy. Just ask them a detailed question that a real fan would understand, but that outs them as somebody who doesn't know what they're talking about. "Do you think Azibuike's situation had any impact on Coach Self's plans once the season got going?" A real fan will know exactly what you're talking about. The others will just stand there breathing through their mouth trying to figure out what you're talking about.

The "real" fans are a little different and you need a different tactic. There are certain things that you have to give us credit for no matter how much you might hate us, so you can use that, like so: "I understand your jealousy, and know it must irk the heck out of you that our 13th conference championship is drawing comparisons to the UCLA program under Wooden, and (their coach) has only won (insert # of their conference championships) over the same time."

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wheatstate Gal

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Wheatstate Gal's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 1 month ago #12455 by Wheatstate Gal
Thanks, NotO!

This will be EASY......these are NOT real fans. These are people who went to non-MAJORS who have great big complexes....normally latch onto a Major in their Home State (thinking in particular of one who touts Michigan....probably never set foot in Ann Arbor).

Mouth breathers, indeed!!!!

RC, My Friend!

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
7 years 1 month ago #12456 by HawkErrant
I don't usually have to correct NotO, but I'm pretty sure the complete description he wanted was *bottom feeding mouth breathers."

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"