Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

While we wait....

• rainyhawk
  • rainyhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 1 month ago #12418 by rainyhawk
Most of the analysts seem shocked that duke isn't a one seed and not even the top two seed. Curious as to what the experts here say. My take is that the analysts seem to,always be sucking up to duke and aren't really reliable opinions. Thoughts??

Also what do folks think about our bracket this year?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 1 month ago #12420 by Bayhawk
One Bay's opinion . . .

Our bracket is good, winnable, and fair if not a little Big XII heavy. Let's lace 'em up.

Puke gets so much hype and over representation on the media that I love any insult their way. My guess is that coach consonants will use the perceived slight as bulliten board material and Grayson will start tripping the refs,

RC

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet
The following user(s) said Thank You: rainyhawk

More
7 years 1 month ago #12422 by murphyslaw
"Coach consonants"? I love it--best one yet!

I'll be hoping Grayson does as you say, and I'll watch some of Duke game just in case!

More
7 years 1 month ago #12424 by murphyslaw
I say too bad for the sobbing analysts, one of whom is a Duke alum. Normally I think he gives KU good marks, but if Duke is in the mix, he leans toward them--heavily. Natural, I guess.

From what little I know, our bracket looks better than last year's, which was a tough one.

More
7 years 1 month ago #12438 by JRhawk
The Midwest Regional is definitely Big 12 heavy. Not crazy about ISU being in it (given their recent success at the Sprint Center). Guess would be sweet if all 3 Big 12 teams made it to Sweet 16 games. Before that however, am hoping that KU will exact some payback on MSU for the 2009 Sweet 16 loss.

More
7 years 1 month ago #12439 by NotOstertag
I think our bracket is fair if not favorable. I did find it strange that it's SO Big 12 heavy (1 team in each other region, 3 in ours including us). Nevertheless, I can only assume that it's similar to how KU got preferential regional selection, that ISU and OSU got similar treatment.

To me, the Tulsa/KC combo is probably the biggest thing in our favor. We don't have any landmines in the first weekend. By the 2nd weekend, everybody is going to face a tough opponent. At that point, luck takes over, and the teams that draw the Cinderellas who weren't supposed to survive the 1st weekend have the biggest advantage as Cinderella's carriage turns back into a pumpkin.

I also think that Louisville as a #2 in our bracket is a better draw than some of the alternatives.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

More
7 years 1 month ago #12442 by JRhawk
I agree with you on all counts (is that a first?). If ISU gets to KC, that could be a problem, but that might not happen anyway. Certainly the Tulsa, then KC pairing is about as good as it gets (both distance and familiarity). I would rather have Louisville than any of the other #2 seeds.