Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Squeakettes vs. Danny's Boys

• RobS
  • RobS's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 1 month ago #12415 by RobS
K State will be playing Wake Forest in one of "The First Four" games. I hate to see the Big 12 tank one, when it seems like we're supposed to have the highest rated league each year but then we seem to under-perform each year. But I don't really like KSU or a lot of their fans. Of course I don't like the ACC either. What to do?

Mongo just pawn in game of life.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 1 month ago #12416 by Bayhawk
I share your angst. . . :unsure:

RC

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet

More
7 years 1 month ago #12417 by LSHawk
Oh no, root for KSU or Danny. No brainer...
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
7 years 1 month ago #12419 by HawkErrant
Once you get past any initial angst, as long as his guys aren't playing KU, it's Dan's Men every time.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

More
7 years 1 month ago #12421 by Bayhawk
Makes sense to me HE! ;)

RC

-- Jules Michelet

More
7 years 1 month ago #12428 by JhawkMom
I look at it as cheering for Danny, not the ACC. No brained. Kst won't get very far anyway. Why not let Danny have the win

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #12433 by konza63
The second I saw this, I got very excited. The play-in games normally stink and elicit little interest from me. But this one?

I love Danny and have been pulling for him and Wake all year.

It's definitely a no-brainer, all the more so against Squeaks and the Mildcats!

Go Danny, Go Deacons!

PS: You can bet Danny will be on the phone with Self for a GREAT first-hand scouting report. :-)

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.
Last Edit: 7 years 1 month ago by konza63.

More
7 years 1 month ago #12434 by NotOstertag
This is easy...no meteors or crying cheerleaders necessary.

The whole "strongest conference" thing has been confirmed. We officially got 60% of our league into the dance. If you're in the Big 12 and didn't make it, you're still better than about 300 teams out there. The Big 12 got their bragging rights, that's all we need.

Danny is and will forever be a Jayhawk. Unless he's playing against KU, I'm rooting for him.

Side story: Love Danny, but also feel guilty for something that happened between me and him many years ago. Back when he was a senior at Lawrence High School, they played my Shawnee Mission Northwest team. At the time, Danny was one of 2 non-college kids asked to try out for the USA Olympic team (before the pros got involved). Anyway, it was a home game for us, and Lawrence came in and started warming up. We typically drew about 30 fans for a game, but since Danny was coming the place was packed. As Danny jogged past us I made solid eye contact and yelled, "You suck, Manning." The look on his face was actually kind of comical. Here I was, some random 15 year old goober telling one of the best ball players in the country that he "sucked". I think his line was something like 25 points, 15 rebounds, 6 blocks, and probably a loose smattering of assists. Yeah. Danny sucked. I was just happy to root FOR him in his last 2 years (my first 2 years) at KU.

That's the one, only, and last time I've rooted against Danny Manning.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant

More
7 years 1 month ago #12436 by Bayhawk
RC

-- Jules Michelet

More
7 years 1 month ago #12443 by hairyhawk
that's a great story.