Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Big XII Tournament Results Prove ...

• Freestate69
  • Freestate69's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #12381 by Freestate69
the strength of the Big XII from top to bottom.

TCU has a lot of talented youngsters whose lack of experience is less evident in every game. They are coming of age as we watch, and with KU's lack of quality depth especially when missing an All-American player, it's little wonder that the game was as close as it was.

Then we see K-State beat Baylor. Texas upsets Tech and then loses as expected to WVU, but apparently makes a game of it. There is no guarantee that there won't be further upsets.

I believe that this league is much tougher than those outside the Midwest can see. Even if TCU and K-State lose their games tonight, playing close throughout, they could lock up a spot in the Dance. I still see, as apparently does Joey Brackets, KU with a 1 seed in the Midwest.

The loss to TCU does not appear to have cost KU anything at this point. What it has done is given them a much needed rest, a time to work on defensive issues (esp. with bench players) and a realization that anything less than full out effort can bring an early out against pretty much anyone. I still believe the Jayhawks will go very deep this year.

"Be on your guard. There are older and fouler things than orcs in the deep places of the earth." - Gandalf on passing through Columbia, MO
The following user(s) said Thank You: OreadExpress

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.