Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Svi's defensive issues

More
7 years 1 month ago #12364 by Kong
I have been trying to focus on Svi on the defensive end a bit more lately. A couple of things started to become very clear.

When his man has the ball and he is coming out to guard him, it takes him a bit to get settled in to a defensive position. It usually requires him to adjust his feet, get in a crouch, reach out with his arm. During that time to get settled, the ball handler can usually get a step or two going by him. And the result is often a lay up or a foul on someone coming over to help. If the ball handler doesn't go during that set up, Svi is generally pretty good on D.

The other thing is that Svi is actually very good at help defense. When another player has lost his man, Svi comes off his man and stops the opponent. Unfortunately, he is not quick enough to get back out to his man very readily. I would like to see him come half way to the help defense and then immediately bounce back to his man a few times.

Just some random observations

Visualize Whirled Peas
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk, KMT, newtonhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.